Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas. >

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:31 AM

I used to keep my vacuum cleaner plugged in and in the middle of the floor, to switch on as my husband drove in the driveway.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:35 AM

I've actually done the same thing with Pinesol wipe down a few areas in the kitchen and fill the sink with some and the home smells as if I've cleaned all day! So it looks loke there's a reason my hair isn't brushed and no make up on!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:37 AM

Good idea sjdal, unfortunately my husband is retired and always home. (grin)
Old 12-08-2010, 06:46 AM

You all are so funny. You are just kidding .....right ? Right ? Don't we all sew this way ?????? SURRRRRRRE ! How funny yet true !!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 AM

I do get dressed mostly because I use my 'chest' for a pin cushion and secondly because I need to be closer to my machine without interference from mother natures appendages.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:49 AM

Oh yeah... You should see me now. All primped and poofed. NOT!!!! I'm here in my jeans. sweatshirt and floppy slippers. Lipstick? What the heck is that???
Old 12-08-2010, 07:00 AM

This might be the same book that tells you when your husband comes in the door you have to look your best and have his chair ready with his paper and drink and when he sits down you untie his shoes and put on his slippers, have the children come in and in a very quiet way tell him about their day , while you finish his dinner Then you put his dinner on a lovely set table and when finished you clean up your kitchen in a spotless manner while he reads the paper after his hard day at work. This was just the way it was at my house. Ha Ha Ha lol etc
Old 12-08-2010, 07:09 AM

Ramona Byrd wrote:
I do have memories of my aunts searching madly for the mate to their thigh high single hose, those babies came in PAIRS of legs, panty hose has freed us from that nightmare. When did they become popular, in the 1960s perhaps?
One of my Aunts claimed she only got the same color of hose, no matter how many, so she could always find a match.

I can agree with always buying one color hose. In fact, I've been known - when pantyhose had a run - to cut the bad leg off, and put two good legs together to make a new pair! It worked at the time - would I do it again? No way! I'll put on a pair of slacks first! I'm glad we are progressing!! :lol:
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 AM

Oh too funny. Reminds me of what I told my dentist when he put the chair back and told me to relax. (I am terrifed in the dentist chair) I said I would close my eyes and think of England....
Originally Posted by pookie ookie
Sounds like Flylady. Dress to your shoes!

Pulling a useful nugget:
(Fill in the blank) must be approached with the idea that you are going to enjoy it.

And then I fall straight into the gutter. Think of England, dears.
;-)
Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 AM

ROFLMAO!!!! if my husband came home to find this person he would a)ask are you sick? should i call the emts or b) who are you and what did you do with my wife?
for goodness sakes if i get a shower and put on something other than jammie pants they all ask where im going or where i went!