Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Returned my Shark iron! >

Returned my Shark iron!

Returned my Shark iron!

Old 12-22-2010, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I recently had to buy a new iron because my old standby quit working. I guess after 15+ years it was tired...LOL

Anyway, I went to KMart (hate WalMart) and bought a Shark. I don't remember what model it was but after 3 days I took it back. I hated it! I know they all shut off automatically after 8 minutes or so but what I really didn't like was you had to shake it to have it wake up and come back on and when it did it was at the lowest temp. setting. After resetting it to cotton you had to wait for it to warm up...AAARRRGGGHHH!!

I tried another iron and didn't like it either, so I reluctantly went to WalMart and bought a "cheapie" for $7.00 and love it! Go figure :)
Do all irons turn off after 8 minutes? I've wondered why, when ironing my stash to fold & store, it seemed like by my iron was loosing it's heat - thought there was a problem with my iron
Old 12-22-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I know they all shut off automatically after 8 minutes or so but what I really didn't like was you had to shake it to have it wake up and come back on and when it did it was at the lowest temp. setting. After resetting it to cotton you had to wait for it to warm up...AAARRRGGGHHH!!
I've been really struggling with my iron and couldn't figure out how to turn it back on after it shut itself off and thanks to retired2pa, I now know I have to shake it. Thanks for posting that!!!