Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Anyone have a Guild Christmas Party? >

Anyone have a Guild Christmas Party?

Anyone have a Guild Christmas Party?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Power Poster

My guild is having ours this next week. We have potluck and a silent auction table. We usually have entertainment from a soloist or speaker from a local civic/church/club group. This year we are having an ornament exchange. Bring an ornament and get an ornament. I was wondering about what other guilds do at their Christmas program.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:18 PM

We have a Dirty Santa gift exchange. We all draw numbers and then going in order, we can either take a gift off the table or choose to take one someone has already unwrapped. A gift cannot be taken more than twice-after two times of being taken it is safe! The first person gets to have one chance at the end to make it fair since they could only pick from the unwrapped gifts. It is a lot of fun and yes sometimes gifts are taken!

We have a couple of wonderful ladies who absolutely love the holiday season and hostessing, so the guild buys a turkey, they cook it, decorate and this year even dressed as Santa's helpers and we all bring in side dishes! We have such a wonderful time. Oh, and of course, we have a show and tell!

I LOVE my guild! The Stitchin' Sisters Quilt Guild of Marion Country, Tennessee rocks!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:20 PM

There are only 10 gals in our group so we go out to eat, then no one has to cook or clean up. Also, in Oct. we all exchanged six fat qtrs and each person made a gift out of the fat qtrs. they received. I got a lovely wallhanging back for me.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:26 PM

We had ours on Tuesday. It is one of our "Give-Away" days. We gave away over 300 quilts to local charities. The table are decorated(by individuals or groups) and then judged with the one winning the most votes gets a wonderful basket full of quilting goodies.
We do a fat quarter exchange where everyone brings a fat quarter in a paper lunch bag and the president reads a poem and every time certain words were said we had to trade our bag with someone else. It's lots of fun when you have over 200 ladies there. Everyone brings a dish of finger food to share and we all eat. It is a lot of fun! Our guild had just over 300 members and we give away quilts twice a year, in June and in December.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Banned

Ours was this past tuesday and I turned in my Q.O.V.s and they were excited to see them and cant wait to pass them on. we did mini regular meeting and a pot luck dinner. after dinner we did show and tell then more quilt show information passed on. Our show is in February.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:21 PM
lbc

Our guild has a potluck and an exchange of 1 yard pieces of fabric.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:25 PM

My guild also has a potluck and everyone brings a bag with a couple of fat quarters or a similar quilt-related gift for a game of the Wright family (the one where you had the gift left when the reader says left and right when...(I rewrote it a few years ago so it's about how Mrs. Wright got into quilting and makes all her gifts.) We always have a fabulous Show and Tell at the Christmas party, plus we bring stockings or something related for a community service project.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:39 PM

Can you share your story about Mrs. Wright? This soulnds like fun!
Old 12-18-2010, 04:51 PM

Ours was postponed from last week to next month because of the bad weather (LOTS of snow!!) we've had :)
Old 12-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Originally Posted by retired2pa
Ours was postponed from last week to next month because of the bad weather (LOTS of snow!!) we've had :)
So was ours! :cry:

So, it'll still be a lovely sit-down "Mid-winter" luncheon at the Country Club with our Christmas Block exchange, showing of the block of the month quilts from 2010, ornament exchange, favors, honors, board gifts to this year's helpers, and a door prize. Always a snazzy affair looked forward to all year. And the Creme Brulee!! Yum!

Jan in VA