Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You ever think your just not good at this ? >

You ever think your just not good at this ?

You ever think your just not good at this ?

Old 01-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Never give up. We all have to learn something. I've never considered my quilts show quality, but my family and gift receivers all say they are. Guess they don't look through my eyes
Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM

No matter how much I love the quilt I am working on I am always glad to finish and move on!

when I feel overwhelmed i don;t quilt for a day or week or however long it takes to get my confidence back. when i come back to i realize it didn't look so bad, it was me and not the quilt.

You are good at because it comes from your heart.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:20 PM

IBQUILTIN, I will certainly try, since I am retired and should have enough time to give a good try, Thank you crogers
Old 01-01-2011, 04:22 PM

No matter how much I love the quilt I am working on I am always glad to finish and move on!

when I feel overwhelmed i don;t quilt for a day or week or however long it takes to get my confidence back. when i come back to it i realize it didn't look so bad, it was me and not the quilt.

You are good at it because it comes from your heart.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:32 PM

cmilton, I will certainly try, I have been wanting to learn to quilt, so now I need to get going! Thank you crogers
Old 01-01-2011, 04:46 PM

I feel the same way about quilting. Not sewing -I have been doing that for 57yrs non-stop. It is just so long to finish a quilt, however, we go right back at it. It is addicting and we love it. You are cut out for it and just keep it up! Happy quilting to you!
Old 01-01-2011, 04:57 PM

most of us quilters are more critical of our work than the people getting them.
Old 01-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
I hope to finish the binding tonite on a quilt for my dh, it it a pattern that I made up due to the material design itself. I am just not thrilled with quality of my work. It won't ever win any award, but my dh says it doesn't have to be perfect for him! Bless his heart. I had hoped to finish it for his birthday in November, then my goal was Christmas, now my goal is New Year's. Ever glad to be done with a project? Sometimes I think I am just no good at this stuff. Then I look at it and think it is not that bad. Then I think I am just not cut out for this stuff. Then, like a nut I turn around and start again......
Sometimes we need someone else to love us to perfection, and when you look over at your DH under his quilt, you will see it is perfect after all.
Old 01-01-2011, 05:04 PM

We are always our own worst critic - I always feel that when I am working on something all the mistakes (I think I have done,) really seem to stand out however, when I look at the item several months later, all those glaring things that I hated before, really aren't apparent - it just looks great.

LOL
Old 01-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Power Poster

I doubt myself often by the time I get to the binding phase. When I get to look at the quilts a few months later I am impressed with what I have done. I learn more and more as I go along and get better and better. I have only been quilting for 6 years. As the quilters say, there is not quilting police here! Keep working at it!