Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt shops on my 40th - WHAT to do?? >

Quilt shops on my 40th - WHAT to do??

Quilt shops on my 40th - WHAT to do??

Old 01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Jim

Hope you had a great birthday and got lots of nice new fabric
Old 01-26-2011, 11:37 PM

Thank you for sharing your birthday experience with me. I love your photos-- the laughter seen there is inspiring. I have a german made machine which came with a lovely cabinet which I use but I think I can not get parts for the machine itself. My dog KoKo (pronounced coocoo often) is part collie which means she must engage her mind or goes bonkers. She pulled up many of my peel and stick floor tiles, and cleared a barrier that was over 4 feet to get into the kitchen. She has eaten 3 pairs of my husband's shoes but luckily left a left shoe from one pair and a right from another pair and since they are the same type he had a pair left to wear. Since his surgery we can't travel like we'd like to, so enjoy the time you can be together doing fun trips. Your fabric choices are great. I had a fun time years ago in Lancaster except for the morning I ordered what I thought was gingerbread and it was a spam type meat--surprise!! Happy Birthday, p,s. Rolling toys and non-hide toys help dogs not go bonkers; also music left on helps.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I wasn't sure if this is 'chit chat' but I saw that was for non-quilting topics, so I guessed it should go here under "main".

OK, here it is the evening before I join the 40-club. Hubby just told me he is planning on taking me to Lancaster for the day tomorrow (Shady Maple all-u-can-eat smorgasbord for breakfast first), then to 'quilt shops' to go shopping. My question is, if you were me, what would you plan on getting??? Hubby NEVER EVER took me to Lancaster for shopping before. I literally do not have any quilting friends, except for here. I told him I was planning on coffee @ 9, mimosas at 10, then quilting in my PJs all day.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Trina
(who's STILL hoping for tons of snow on her birthday!)
First off, Happy Birthday. Second, I would think about those quilting gadgets that you want, but never buy for yourself. Hey, it's a gift right???
Old 01-27-2011, 12:48 AM

They have lots of fabric stores. Good prices. If you go to Intercourse (not funny) they have the Country Store and Zooks. They are on Rt 340. They have lots of crafts shops in this town also. When you are done shoppeing there you can contiune on Rt 340 and go toward the town Bird In Hand. There is one quilt shop on the right hand side, I cannot rememer the name, bu if you miss that when you are in Bird In Hand there is a nice quilt shop called The Log Cabin also on the right had side.
These are the main ones that are easy to find.
Hope you have great day.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:15 AM

When I was there a few years ago, I LOVED talking to the Amish women about quilting! Very enriching! Hope you enjoyed your day. Let us know what you decided to do and how your birthday was!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:18 AM

I just got this message. Hope you had a wonderful time in Lancaster. We love it there. Zooks is a wonderful fabric shop. It has lots of great quality fabric and so much cheaper than we can buy it in Kansas. It is located in Intercourse, Pa. address is 3535 Old Philadelphia Pike. They will also ship to your home 717 768-8153. Also hope you stopped in at the Home Goods store next to Shady Maple, I have bought some great fabric in there before. We love Shady Maple!!!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 07:25 AM

Just wanted to post two more pictures from Lancaster. The first is my most VERY favorite Quilt shop. The Country Store is worth the drive anytime, and have so much stuff in there I was overloaded! DH really tried to help (he did actually pick the kit out that I bought), but I found him lurking around while I walked in circles. The second picture was a cool billboard outside another quilt shop. We didn't go in because I don't think it was open, but from what I remember it was just quilts for sale, and they didn't allow any pictures.

Figured I'd share! I'm home working today thinking about all the awesome quilt shops there, and the wonderful sights of the area. I want a do-over!!

Trina :)

p.s. As for Willow (bad doggie), we've tried crating her & she literally bloodied her nose on the bars & flipped the thing over. Tried toys and bones and food. I honestly am at my wit's end.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168892.jpe   attachment-168893.jpe  
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 AM

I'm late getting this but I'm glad you had a momentous 40th. I think we build those up to be more important than they are ;-) but we are so glad you made it! I'm glad the damage to the wall doesn't look too severe, hopefully a little sanding and patch painting?....oh well, glad you've got new quilting project stuff to show for your day and time with the DH without the DC!
Old 01-27-2011, 12:05 PM

Thanks for filling us in on your 40th B'day celebration and all its ups and downs. That was some day! Sounds like you did very well with the shopping. Coming home to the mess and destruction from the anxiety-ridden dog wasn't good, though. I hope the whole family pitched in to help clean up that mess. It was a "wild and crazy day," wasn't it?--one you will never forget no matter how many more b'days you have.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:48 PM

Happy Birthday - Don't forget to post what you got