Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >
  • April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

• April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-19-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by Terryl
    Hey Candi, you think your husband will make us girls some more of his yummy homemade lemonade? It's really hot sitting outside waiting on the mailman.
    Terryl,
    I am checkimg the board here while I am making butternut squash risotto and guess what hubby is doing? yesm squeezing fresh leomande for you all!!! Do you think you want strawberries in it this time or just plain lemomade?

Just plain please, and don't forget to call me to come in when the risotto is ready. I LOVE both risotto and butternut squash
    Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by candi
    Hey Candi, you think your husband will make us girls some more of his yummy homemade lemonade? It's really hot sitting outside waiting on the mailman.
    Terryl,
    I am checkimg the board here while I am making butternut squash risotto and guess what hubby is doing? yesm squeezing fresh leomande for you all!!! Do you think you want strawberries in it this time or just plain lemomade?

Just plain please, and don't forget to call me to come in when the risotto is ready. I LOVE both risotto and butternut squash
    Well, your plate is ready. Plain lemonade for you and then strawberry one for Gina coming up :thumbup:
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:02 PM

Sent you a pm, lets all send Trisha a card if we are able to!
    Originally Posted by trisha
    I am writing in this subject line, because my mother (Trisha) is a quilter and seems to spend a lot of time looking thru the swap section. She does not know I am doing this, as she is not allowed on the computer because she is having triple bypass surgery tomorrow and she is on complete bed rest right now. I posted somewhere else, and thought I would post here, that the doctors say she will have a long recovery time due to some complications that will come along with the surgery. I wondered if anyone would be interested in sending her a card so that when she gets home, she will have something to look forward to. I have had quite a few responses from another topic line, and so I thought I would try this one too. I am not a quilter, and never could be, but my Mom loves it so we encourage her as much as possible. And she is always talking about somebody who we don't know, and of course it is one of you! LOL
    She considers all of you her friends, and that is great.
    She is not one to complain about her aches and pains but we as a family know that this is very, very serious. It is going to be hard to keep her under control when she gets home, because she never sits down for very long. She didn't even want to have the surgery until after Easter so she could make dinner. Talked her out of that one. Anyway, if anyone would be interested in sending her a card, please pm me and I will send her address. I will be on later this evening til about 1:00. We have to be at the hospital by 5:30. I would put it on now, but don't know if I am allowed to do that. Thank you so much for reading this post, and if nothing else, please keep her in your prayers tomorrow.
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:05 PM

I forgot to mention that I got my package mailed out today to my secret pal, going south from here!
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:17 PM

tax season is finally over so i can chat and post pics now. i received my squishy from my swap partner kimmeh. she send a rice bag that can be warmed in the microwave scented in lavendar, two blue fat quarters, a mug rug with tea and a quilt book, "Quilt a Travel Souvenir.

thanks so much kimmieh for your thoughtfulness.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-186549.jpe  
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:44 PM

Great packages!!!
    Old 04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
    Power Poster

lauriejo glad to see your back. I missed seeing your funny little avatar.Mary
    Old 04-19-2011, 06:21 PM

Thank you Lori for taking over!!! I cant wait to do another swap!!!

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Good morning everyone! Just got pm from Patrice and she said that I can host the swap. She suggested that I start from scratch and is going to get ahold of me at the end of the week to let me know what it is I need to know. So be looking for post so we can continue without interuption. i have enjoyed doing these swaps so much could not let the fun end. Thank you Suzanne for all the hard work you have done in the past. I must be crazy.
    :)
    Old 04-19-2011, 06:22 PM

I mailed my SP's package today and it will arrive on Fridsy.

Be on the lookout those of you in Northern CA.

The fun is just begining!
    Old 04-19-2011, 06:23 PM

Please someone send something to Oklahoma I'm sitting here on the bench tied to a tree so I want get blown away