Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-21-2011, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever
Originally Posted by Terryl
Quiltnut4ever, that truly is an awesome package. Would you show some of the inside pages of the magazine PLEASE? Looks very interesting.
Will do Terryl when I get home tonite. It is an interesting magazine with women who deal with different arts to include sewing.
There was a book, I think by the same title. It showed work spaces that you could drool over! Is that one of the Stampington magazines? They are all SO good!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by cnolan
OH, MY GOODNESS!!!!! Where do I start?!?!?!

I signed up for this, then got buried in so many other things (finishing UFO's, doing other swaps, then making/collecting stuff for my SP, etc), and I never got around to checking back on this board. In fact, I had somehow convinced myself I had until the 23rd to mail it... don't ask me how ~ just BLONDE, I guess! It sure is a good thing I finished up my last project for my SP so I can get it in the mail tomorrow, hmm?

Anyway, I had the MOST WONDERFUL surprise today:

Zappycat, you are SOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!!!! Ladies, check out this stuff! The pictures really don't do any of it justice, nor do they show how much time and thought she put into all of it! Terrie, you really are wonderful!!!! This is by FAR the best SP I have EVER had!!! (My first one on this board, but about my 100th in life, and yours leaves the others in the DUST!!)

She made the WONDERFUL dragon (I LOVE HIM!!!!!), she included some of the most fabulous fabrics, great stickers, a terrific magazine, an adorable bag, straight pins, a pattern for adorable pin cushions, a pack of terrific note cards, and a great card with a picture she took (GREAT PIC! and your hand-writing is disgustingly PERFECT!). Oh... and chocolate!

It doesn't get any better than this, friends!!! :lol: :D :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way.... SP, you live near-by, and I will send it Priority, so you should receive your package very soon. I sure hope you think it is worth the wait, and I am VERY sorry I kept you waiting!!
That dragon is adorable!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
Quiltnut4ever, that truly is an awesome package. Would you show some of the inside pages of the magazine PLEASE? Looks very interesting.
Will do Terryl when I get home tonite. It is an interesting magazine with women who deal with different arts to include sewing.
There was a book, I think by the same title. It showed work spaces that you could drool over! Is that one of the Stampington magazines? They are all SO good!!
Zappycat, yes it is by Stampington magazines and they also have one coming out soon called Women who Cook.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:32 AM

Where do I start, can I eat my praline before the baked ziti (life is short, eat dessert first)???Zappycat that dragon is darling, the pincushion (Hoppa?) is really cute and y'all are doing just special packages. I'm still on the bench and so is my pal, so I hope her package isn't sitting in customs for too long. I'm checking daily, ok, several times a day as much to see if she gets/likes hers as to see what food I can scarf with only cyber calories.... :lol:
Old 04-21-2011, 03:35 AM

That dragon is adorable!!!
Thanks all!! : ) Christie (cnolan) said in her info that she collects cats and dragons... I had never made a DRAGON before, so had to give it a try. Now my daughter wants one too!

So, now all of my fun is over until next month! I received my lovely package from grammynan and my pal received hers.... on to MAY for me! I hope the mailmen across the country will be delivering lots of nice surprises to you today!!
Old 04-21-2011, 03:36 AM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
Zappycat, yes it is by Stampington magazines and they also have one coming out soon called Women who Cook.
LOVE Stampington magazines!! I wish they weren't so expensive!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by hoffim
Finally got my SP package off today. It has a VERY short trip south. So short I considered putting a bow around it and dropping it on her porch but I figured that might be too stalker-ish. LOL

I'm officially on the bench and patiently waiting with my baked ziti. Okay maybe not so patient. :) Bring a fork ladies and gents. :D
I wonder if it could it be me..........I'm just a hop skip and a jump south of you.........but then there is Koko just a hop skip and a jump north of you................
Old 04-21-2011, 04:08 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

My SP should receive her package today. Fingers crossed!!!
Old 04-21-2011, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by lydia coffman
Yay! Got my package yesterday...as always, when I was not expecting anything...and Oh My, what a package! Fabric of my favorite colors...and GOOD fabric, candy for the frazzled soul of mine, knick knacks, and yes, an elephant! Oh My!!
Forgot to mention that my SP package came from CAgirl1......oh..and my twizzlers disappeard!!?? I think my dear husband has been lurking in my craft room......
Old 04-21-2011, 04:47 AM

Well, I know my package was delivered a few days ago, but I haven't heard from my partner. But then again, I think she is very busy with her grandson. Hope she liked it.

Detailed Results:

Delivered, April 19, 2011, 11:51 am, MISSOULA, MT 59802
Out for Delivery, April 19, 2011, 8:32 am, MISSOULA, MT 59801
Sorting Complete, April 19, 2011, 8:22 am, MISSOULA, MT 59801
Arrival at Post Office, April 19, 2011, 12:39 am, MISSOULA, MT 59801
Processed through Sort Facility, April 16, 2011, 3:42 pm, DENVER, CO 80217
Acceptance, April 12, 2011, 11:20 am, CIRCLEVILLE, NY 10919