Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 PM

Dear Secret Pal I just checked the delivery status of your package and you should receive it Wednesday.

Your weather today was only 50 degrees and heavy rain, hope this won't slow delivery.
Hope you like your package.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by SLHughes
Originally Posted by greenini
Today's schedule: Oversleep. Couldn't get to sleep last night till 1 AM, so I slept till 9:30. Got up. Had tea, read paper. Took up list I made at 1 last night. Finish SP box. Close up box for my SIL and address. Box up books to mail and address. Needed to get my wallet out, leave wallet on dining room table. Wait for DH to get home from nursing home where he helps with lunch, 2 PM. Grab my carefully wrapped and toted packages that are sealed. Grab open box for SP, it's going to Canada, so I leave it open in case it needs to be inspected. Bring tape, notebook, list, purse without WALLET. Bring checkbook where I happen to keep $40 for emergencies. Get in 6 person line at PO, rummage for wallet, realize it's at home, no credit card or $, realize I still have the $40 extra. Get to front of line. Have filled out wrong custom form while I was in line. Naturally! If I'd been smart I'd have filled out both. Clerk weighs it, hands me correct custom form, shoos me to empty place where there used to be a clerk when the PO had enough personnel. Fill out custom form, try to count pieces of fabric, estimate worth, count notions, estimate worth (is sewing notions detailed enough or will I get the package back from Canada as not specific enough :lol:) , count candy, estimate worth. Person next to me at the open window is done so I motion to the clerk and she takes me next. I have not done an address label either, so after I pay I have to seal the package up and write the label and give it back to the clerk. Give her 2 of the 5 other other packages, get change from my $40. Go home, get wallet, get yelled at my DH who is trying to install memory in computer..don't bother me I'm busy leave already :) , so I leave without my 2nd kiss.

Back to the PO to mail the other parcels, go to the bank, get $, replace my emergency money....come home, collapse on bed with cat......

Canadian SP your parcel is on it's way as of 3:15 PM EDT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wow ... what an ordeal!! Hope the rest of your day was better!!!

I am in Canada ... maybe it is for me!!!!

:?:
Or me...... :lol: all I ever write on my packages is "cloth" that's it. Don't think anyone would swipe that... :thumbup:
Old 04-12-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday, i have been away for a little while, been busy with the Son's wedding. All finished now, they are on their honeymoon my house is empty of all the visitors. i had 16 people staying with me over the w/end. Was crowded but was a gr8 w/end and all got on so well. I miss the noise.
Any ways i was taking the BIL to the airport and picked up a parcel, never even dawned on me that I was to receive a secret parcel. i forgot all about it. OMG what a beautiful surprise.

I had my BIL open the parcel and the DD wining that she was hungry. thanks for the life support of Gummy bears, that shut her up. lol.. the fabric is beautiful i love them. And there was a pattern book also which i will choose for the fabrics that i have received now and from all the other swaps and combine into a Quilting Board Quilt.

in my package was also herbal Teas (Raspberry and Apple/cinnamon) Both yummy, and a mug rug.

Thankyou Quiltlady for a wonderful package. Ps, the gummy bears were all gone b4 we got home. {{{hugs}}}
I love the rainbow collection. Great stuff!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:49 PM

Some great packages being delivered. I have to get mine ready in the next couple of days. I went for my Heart Cath today and thought I would get a couple of stints and found out I have to have a triple bypass in the next couple of weeks. I find out tomorrow if it will be next week or not. Wow!!! What a shock that was!!! But going to get my SP out sooner than later!! Love all your things everybody, and can't wait til I get mine!!
Old 04-12-2011, 09:13 PM

WOW!! trisha, that is a shocker. I hope and pray that everything goes well for you. I will be finding out on Thurs when I will be have another knee replacement, on the same knee! But a different surgeon. You take care of yourself.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 PM

Penny I put in the biggest bag of gummy bears I could fit into the package. I am glad you liked everything. And very glad it got safely to you in Australia!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I sent my box out today.Full of home made goodies. It's going to MD that is the state.I hope she celebrates Easter.It should be there within the next 2-3 days. Mary
I Hope my SP Celebrates Easter too! Hmm maybe that should be a question the form..

About Holidays!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by Qwiltylady
Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I am going to try and mail mine tomorrow..Depends on my 13 year old son if I get to mail it than or later this week..Had to take him to the ER today after getting back from Georgia..He had a kidney stone, a raging kidney infection, bladder infection and a UTI..Doctor was going to admit him but decided to see if the medicine they gave him will work..Will know something within 48 hours..But, I do have everything ready..And it will be mailed..
My prayer go out that the medicine works. Its not fun being sick and in the hospital.
Especially with Kidney Stones, those are worst than having a child!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:19 AM

Was able to get my SP package off today! And it has very long trip over sea's! It's my first time doing this, now I'm seeing pictures, and it look's like some folks have spent more than $10.00 LOL...So I think mines gonna look a cheesey! But I hope she likes it any way!
Old 04-13-2011, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by twinkie
I think it would be fine. If you have any doubts about it melting, you might put it in a zip lock bag. There have been times that chocolate has melted and I have put it in the freezer and ate it anyway. No sense wasting it LOL

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Got a question, is it safe to send Chocolate oversea's? Do you think it will melt?
I always put my chocolate in the freezer any way, thats the way I like it..I did put it in zip lock bag just incase!