Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-12-2011, 02:37 PM

Ok so I am on the phone with my DD today and all of a sudden the dogs go nuts... :roll: I look out the front window and the mailman is there. I told my daughter my mailman was here and I wondered what she had cause I had not ordered anything. :?: well then I saw it..... A box. delivery confirmation on it,.... :? then it hit me... SP BOX... Oh yeahhhhhhhhhh... told my Dd I had to go. opened the door and grabbed the box.. I went to the kitchen as fast as I could. ( which you know aint easy with a cane in one hand box in the other) lol.. Yep it was just like Christmas. Funny I hadnt thought of recieving the SP swap, except for what I was going to send to my Sp. So here is the contents of my Box. Once again thank you so much. ( I told my Dh there was something in the box for him and he was like a kid at a candy store. ) lol..

Chocolate for DH..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183377[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183369.jpe   attachment-183370.jpe   attachment-183371.jpe  
Old 04-12-2011, 03:19 PM

My package was maile out Monday afternoon. It is going North of Illinois. Hope you enjoy it. You said you were easy to please.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 PM

My package was put in the mail today and delivery is to be April 15th.

Be on the lookout in LA, you can't function with out coffee or tea!!

Linda
Old 04-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Fidgety thats an awesome box of goodies.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Terryl
My package will be going out today, just as soon as I can get it boxed up. If you live in the north east it could be coming to you. Candi, watch it fly right PAST you!!! :) :) When it passes you, you can let my SP know it won't be too much longer til it gets to it's final destination.
Ok, I am on mail watch duty now :mrgreen: :lol:
Old 04-12-2011, 05:01 PM

WOW! WOW! WOW!!!!

michelle (mstandridge) sent me such a FUN package!!! i so love all the modern fabric and especially the pincushion/thread catcher that she made!!! (you made that right michelle? it is beautiful!) i couldn't have picked a prettier fabric for that if i tried! and i have been wanting/needing one of those for a while now!!! i have pics of everything to post, but need hubby to download for me....will post asap!

thank you!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by greenini
Today's schedule: Oversleep. Couldn't get to sleep last night till 1 AM, so I slept till 9:30. Got up. Had tea, read paper. Took up list I made at 1 last night. Finish SP box. Close up box for my SIL and address. Box up books to mail and address. Needed to get my wallet out, leave wallet on dining room table. Wait for DH to get home from nursing home where he helps with lunch, 2 PM. Grab my carefully wrapped and toted packages that are sealed. Grab open box for SP, it's going to Canada, so I leave it open in case it needs to be inspected. Bring tape, notebook, list, purse without WALLET. Bring checkbook where I happen to keep $40 for emergencies. Get in 6 person line at PO, rummage for wallet, realize it's at home, no credit card or $, realize I still have the $40 extra. Get to front of line. Have filled out wrong custom form while I was in line. Naturally! If I'd been smart I'd have filled out both. Clerk weighs it, hands me correct custom form, shoos me to empty place where there used to be a clerk when the PO had enough personnel. Fill out custom form, try to count pieces of fabric, estimate worth, count notions, estimate worth (is sewing notions detailed enough or will I get the package back from Canada as not specific enough :lol:) , count candy, estimate worth. Person next to me at the open window is done so I motion to the clerk and she takes me next. I have not done an address label either, so after I pay I have to seal the package up and write the label and give it back to the clerk. Give her 2 of the 5 other other packages, get change from my $40. Go home, get wallet, get yelled at my DH who is trying to install memory in computer..don't bother me I'm busy leave already :) , so I leave without my 2nd kiss.

Back to the PO to mail the other parcels, go to the bank, get $, replace my emergency money....come home, collapse on bed with cat......

Canadian SP your parcel is on it's way as of 3:15 PM EDT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Wow ... what an ordeal!! Hope the rest of your day was better!!!

I am in Canada ... maybe it is for me!!!!

:?:
Old 04-12-2011, 05:46 PM

Checked my conf # and t flew out or MO last night heading East. I am standing by the box waiting for mine now :)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Power Poster

Well, I finally got my SP package sent off today. It is going to one of the four corners of the United States. But, after seeing all of the SP packages that have been received, I hope my SP is not disappointed. If you are in one of those states, it could be you.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:54 PM

Gday, i have been away for a little while, been busy with the Son's wedding. All finished now, they are on their honeymoon my house is empty of all the visitors. i had 16 people staying with me over the w/end. Was crowded but was a gr8 w/end and all got on so well. I miss the noise.
Any ways i was taking the BIL to the airport and picked up a parcel, never even dawned on me that I was to receive a secret parcel. i forgot all about it. OMG what a beautiful surprise.

I had my BIL open the parcel and the DD wining that she was hungry. thanks for the life support of Gummy bears, that shut her up. lol.. the fabric is beautiful i love them. And there was a pattern book also which i will choose for the fabrics that i have received now and from all the other swaps and combine into a Quilting Board Quilt.

in my package was also herbal Teas (Raspberry and Apple/cinnamon) Both yummy, and a mug rug.

Thankyou Quiltlady for a wonderful package. Ps, the gummy bears were all gone b4 we got home. {{{hugs}}}

April Secret pal received
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183503[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183497.jpe