Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-12-2011, 11:54 AM

My pkg is going out today--across the U.S. but not across the pond(sorry)even though I live in the northWEST she lives in West?????? is it you??? This month I really was matched with a second me--way to go Suzanne!!!!
Old 04-12-2011, 11:56 AM

GrammyX3 so funny. I think my grandchildren could work for a search team in prisons they can find anything!! And imagination is wonderful thing, of course a mug rug is a dinosaur blanket.

Had my nose reset today and it is not a procedure I would recommend.

Going out tomorrow to get the things I need to make package personal and then need to get making so will get package out by the weekend.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:02 PM

Forgot to say thanks to all for the good wishes

Eileen
Old 04-12-2011, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
GrammyX3 so funny. I think my grandchildren could work for a search team in prisons they can find anything!! And imagination is wonderful thing, of course a mug rug is a dinosaur blanket.

Had my nose reset today and it is not a procedure I would recommend.

Going out tomorrow to get the things I need to make package personal and then need to get making so will get package out by the weekend.

Please be careful. Cannot imagine having to have that procedure done . Hope all is well.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:16 PM

Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee......my squishy is on it's way west of me...........considering I live in New York..........that leaves it open to the possibilty of arriving to a large number of swappers doorsteps..........and guess what??????????? ........she likes chocolate.......now that may eliminate a few.........
Old 04-12-2011, 12:39 PM

My SP package is enroute to it's destination, expected delivery date April 13. Hope you like it!
Old 04-12-2011, 12:40 PM

eliminated me, I do like chocolate but I put down spice drops as my favorite and mail has already come today, back on the bench I go
Old 04-12-2011, 12:57 PM

Today's schedule: Oversleep. Couldn't get to sleep last night till 1 AM, so I slept till 9:30. Got up. Had tea, read paper. Took up list I made at 1 last night. Finish SP box. Close up box for my SIL and address. Box up books to mail and address. Needed to get my wallet out, leave wallet on dining room table. Wait for DH to get home from nursing home where he helps with lunch, 2 PM. Grab my carefully wrapped and toted packages that are sealed. Grab open box for SP, it's going to Canada, so I leave it open in case it needs to be inspected. Bring tape, notebook, list, purse without WALLET. Bring checkbook where I happen to keep $40 for emergencies. Get in 6 person line at PO, rummage for wallet, realize it's at home, no credit card or $, realize I still have the $40 extra. Get to front of line. Have filled out wrong custom form while I was in line. Naturally! If I'd been smart I'd have filled out both. Clerk weighs it, hands me correct custom form, shoos me to empty place where there used to be a clerk when the PO had enough personnel. Fill out custom form, try to count pieces of fabric, estimate worth, count notions, estimate worth (is sewing notions detailed enough or will I get the package back from Canada as not specific enough :lol:) , count candy, estimate worth. Person next to me at the open window is done so I motion to the clerk and she takes me next. I have not done an address label either, so after I pay I have to seal the package up and write the label and give it back to the clerk. Give her 2 of the 5 other other packages, get change from my $40. Go home, get wallet, get yelled at my DH who is trying to install memory in computer..don't bother me I'm busy leave already :) , so I leave without my 2nd kiss.

Back to the PO to mail the other parcels, go to the bank, get $, replace my emergency money....come home, collapse on bed with cat......

Canadian SP your parcel is on it's way as of 3:15 PM EDT :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-12-2011, 01:28 PM

my dd just called me and said that a rather large box was delivered today oh my i wonder what it is well it wont have to wait long i get off work at 3:pm yah i hope it is from my sp, will let you all know tomarrow.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM

I rec'd my nice pkg from lynnsim yesterday. Got 3 fat qtrs, pattern for aprons,ergomatic seam ripper ( how did she know I'd spent the day before sewing and ripping like a woman possessed !) ,huge Hersheys' choc bar. I actually haven't opened it yet as we've been having PEEP wars, so it is hidden in my studio away from DH. Avon lotion and lip balm, green tea, aromatic hot pad, my goodness, so nice all. Thanks Lynn ! Sent off my pkg to someone near corn fields. Should be there before Saturday. Hope she likes it ! (just a note to my sp to ignore the green hairy thing in the pkg as I just needed filler to keep it from rattling! lol. Sara