April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-13-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58
Roseysue,
What a great package you recieved!
Love that fabric panel!

Linda58
thanks - there is so much I can do with it!

Oh and while I'm at it, since I hav a week "off' in the hospital, I got a little behind and am making something special for my SP, so don't get too anxious that person on the west coast who may be waiting.

You haven't been forgotten, just a little delay so I can be personal.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Here is a sneak peak at a couple of items that will be in my Sp's package, 2 Hot pads.
Hoping to mail on Monday to someone in Ca.
I'm in California!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
I think the new people need in on the secrets we use to get the most for our $10. Alot of the fabric is from our stashes. Also secret pals use Joann coupons to get a better price. Any other examples out there for the new swappers?
Go to dollar stores where everything is a dollar.you can buy notepads,hand creams,hand sanitizers,pot holders,hand towels,figurenes,post a notes,etc. Hobby lobby and Micheals both have coupons from their web sites,they also have 1 dollar bins, also watch the day after a holiday to get mark downs. You can get things like fabric marked down after a holiday to make something for the next year.I got 1 yd of clover fabric for 75 cents.just 3 days after st. patricks day. check the clearance at all stores. That's enough from me. Also making items is cheaper than buying. such as pin cushions,pot holders.etc.Mary
Old 04-13-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
I think the new people need in on the secrets we use to get the most for our $10. Alot of the fabric is from our stashes. Also secret pals use Joann coupons to get a better price. Any other examples out there for the new swappers?
Go to dollar stores where everything is a dollar.you can buy notepads,hand creams,hand sanitizers,pot holders,hand towels,figurenes,post a notes,etc. Hobby lobby and Micheals both have coupons from their web sites,they also have 1 dollar bins, also watch the day after a holiday to get mark downs. You can get things like fabric marked down after a holiday to make something for the next year.I got 1 yd of clover fabric for 75 cents.just 3 days after st. patricks day. check the clearance at all stores. That's enough from me. Also making items is cheaper than buying. such as pin cushions,pot holders.etc.Mary
Great Ideals, now I will know what to do next time and work on a SP Stash! Thanks for your help!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:10 PM

I for one would love to hear about your mieterd corner secrets!!!
Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by mooretll
Some really nice packages being received. I will start warming up the bench and bring the coffee lol
I think we need to cool down the bench, lol, it is already hot :mrgreen: No coffee for me, but hubby squeezed fresh lemonade last evening, I'll bring a pitcher. :XD:

Carrie, I love your hot pads.
Zappy, how thoughtful of your partner to individually wrap the gifts, maybe I'll start doing that.

Yummy.......lemonade, how delicious on a hot Florida bench
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: even though we shouldn't start sitting out yet, mail date is not til the 19th :wink: :wink: how bout we meet for some conversation, lemonade, and tips for things we do best with quilting. I'll share my mitered corner secrets.........
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM

We ALL like, love, admire and appreciate homemade items to. We never judge and recognize the thought and work that goes into everything that is made by hand.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

I for one would love to hear about your mieterd corner secrets!!!
Originally Posted by Terryl
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by mooretll
Some really nice packages being received. I will start warming up the bench and bring the coffee lol
I think we need to cool down the bench, lol, it is already hot :mrgreen: No coffee for me, but hubby squeezed fresh lemonade last evening, I'll bring a pitcher. :XD:

Carrie, I love your hot pads.
Zappy, how thoughtful of your partner to individually wrap the gifts, maybe I'll start doing that.

Yummy.......lemonade, how delicious on a hot Florida bench
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: even though we shouldn't start sitting out yet, mail date is not til the 19th :wink: :wink: how bout we meet for some conversation, lemonade, and tips for things we do best with quilting. I'll share my mitered corner secrets.........
me too maybe a tute is needing to be posted. huh? please!! Mary
Old 04-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

We ALL like, love, admire and appreciate homemade items to. We never judge and recognize the thought and work that goes into everything that is made by hand.
I think everyone on here loves recieving a homemade gift. It's good practice for us too.And we all know how much time and effort went into it,so we don't judge.Mary
Old 04-13-2011, 06:30 PM

I haunt Tuesday Morning,, Big Lots, and thrift stores. I can't tell you how many notions I've picked up for practically nothing. Used to get a lot of fabric at thrift stores too, but have slowed down on that, altho when LynnieK was here we hit a Goodwill and split a group of different colorways of flannel. Somone had donated 4 nice sized pieces of it. Many of the fabric stores will accept coupons from others,for me JoAnn's is a real trek, but there is a Hancocks really close and they will take Joann's coupons.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Whoever said the best things come in small packages does NOT know my SP, creativesheila, aka Sheila from MD. She is the best and so are her gifts, but more on that in a moment.

First .........

Today started out on a sad note. I had to sell my beloved car to the dealer because it had too many problems to be financially feasible to fix. I arrived home to an empty driveway and was feeling sorry for myself when I saw that USPS had been here. There was not 1 package, but 3 packages. Now here was my dilemma. One large and heavy package from my SP, or two large lightweight packages from my mom!! Uh oh. I did not know what my mom was sending, so now I had the issue of loyalty versus anticipation. Sheila, I chose to open yours first (but don't tell my mom, please). I just could not stand the suspense.

Sheila is sew very generous, and I am sew very humbled that she paid such close attention to my profile when selecting gifts. There was so much in the box, that I could not fit it all into one photograph!!! Thus, you get to see 4 pics.

I cannot make a long story short - please bear with me. The sewing kit she made is exquisite and is made in my absolute favorite and "perfect" colors. I love felted items and have no clue how to do it, unfortunately. And she even filled the kit with scissors, pins, needles and inside the flowered pocket - a thimble.

I am hoping I can do justice to the "Here's My Heart" pattern book. Lots of fun things within its covers. My DH and I have taken a road trip all around the USA and plan to do it again, so the Travel Guide of Quilt Stores all over the country (and in my own backyard, too) will be a staple for me and a thorn in DH's side (lol), and in my hands every mile of the way. Can't wait to get started. Until now, I did not have an 8-1/2" Get Squared - all I had was the 12-1/2"er. Did she read my mind?? Lo and behold, I received a lovely bag of buttons. I have a new craft I started selling at a local senior center just a couple of days ago using buttons. Selling things supplements my addicition to fabric and crafting since I got laid off a couple of years ago, so these and the yarn embellishments already have plans in my mind for gifts and for sales. The tape measure and thimble will go in an empty slot in the case I take to quilting club. No more moving these from my sewing room to the case and back once a week. Didn't I manage to nicely conceal the fact that I opened the huge bag of Dove prior to taking the photo??? Tricky, huh? OK, I'll share with DH - goodness knows I want to share the calories... And last but not least, there is yardage (not FQ, but actually yardage) of Civil War fabric and of other small print fabrics of which I have very little. Guess I can't claim that my stash is devoid of that anymore.

Sheila, you are a very kind benefactress and I thank you very, very much. Amazing package - you are a lovely lady! And you live near my kids and grandkids, NJ and DE, so maybe someday we will get to meet in person.

With the greatest of gratitude,
SharonAnne

Part 2 of My Wonderful gifts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183936[/ATTACH]

Handmade Sewing Kit - Open
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183956[/ATTACH]

Handmade Sewing Kit - Closed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183957[/ATTACH]

Part 1 of Gifts Received
[ATTACH=CONFIG]183958[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-183930.jpe   attachment-183950.jpe   attachment-183951.jpe   attachment-183952.jpe