Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by GrammyX3
I was off to this really great start on my SP package, so I thought. I have been picking things up here and there and putting them in a tote of odds and ends of things I would like to get from my secret pal. So I have a wide variety of items to choose from when each month rolls around. I just have to put the finishing touches on each box to make them personal when I get my new SP’s likes and dislikes. YAAAHHH me!!! First time in a long time I’m organized! {{{hee hee}}}} ROTFLOL! Me? Organized, yah right.
Anyway we had the grandbabies over this weekend for the oldest one’s birthday. Like some of us here our sewing room doubles as another room when company comes. Yup you guessed it my sewing room is the grand boys bed room when there at Grammy’s house.
I thought I had everything picked up, packed up, and put up out of reach of the little sticky light fingered gotta just squeeze ‘em grandsons George Jr. and Eddy. Or so I thought.
After taking the boys home early Sunday evening, I thought I would put my SP package together so I could get it in the mail on Monday after work. I look for the 2 mug rugs that I worked on for over 2 hours Sunday night. Finely at about 10:30pm I called my DD and asked her if the boys had anything of mine in there bag? This went on for about 20 minutes, asking her if she was sure, telling her to check this and that and finely I sat down took a big drink of cold Pepsi and described the items to her.
Okay sis they are rectangle shaped kind of dark pastel colors and they both have things sewn on top. I believe you could have heard a pin drop at that point, she tells me I was going to call and ask why you made the boys girly blankets for the dinosaurs. Blankets? Dinosaurs? What are you talking about?
So anyway for future reference a mugrug is a perfect size blanket for the $1.00 dinosaurs from Wal-Mart. Sorry SP partner your package is going out a little later than planned, and not with the mugrugs/ dinosaur blankets.

:-P as a mother of 6 children and 3 grandchildren, I can so relate to this..I have over the years learned to hide things in the most unusual places..To them though, its become like a Easter egg hunt..
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 AM

I'll be picking up the last couple of items to send to my SP. I should have the box in the mail tomorrow!! My box is heading north of me...and my girl loves bold colors.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I'm sorry GrammyX3 but I had to laugh at that. You gotta love the young ones and their creativity.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:02 AM

My package will be going out today, just as soon as I can get it boxed up. If you live in the north east it could be coming to you. Candi, watch it fly right PAST you!!! :) :) When it passes you, you can let my SP know it won't be too much longer til it gets to it's final destination.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by Terryl
My package will be going out today, just as soon as I can get it boxed up. If you live in the north east it could be coming to you. Candi, watch it fly right PAST you!!! :) :) When it passes you, you can let my SP know it won't be too much longer til it gets to it's final destination.
Hmm.... still wondering if its ME!! And OH NO!! you are mailing... and I'm still not ready. This isn't good.... *sigh*
(did you throw in the charm packs? haha!!)
Old 04-12-2011, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Zappycat
Originally Posted by Terryl
Hmm.... still wondering if its ME!! And OH NO!! you are mailing... and I'm still not ready. This isn't good.... *sigh*
(did you throw in the charm packs? haha!!)

I could hold on to package another couple days if you'd like me to Zappy, just say the word. :wink: :wink: How much time do you need to get ready? I still have to pick up the box at the post office, address the box, and send it. I could go work on my mug rugs instead of standing in line at the post office :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Old 04-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Sorry Grammyx3 but just had to laugh and at least you know where they were and not loose your sanity.
Hoppa
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 AM

M I S S I S S I P P I be on the lookout tomorrow or thursday for your secret swap. I forgot to put in one item. It will arrive soon after, sorry.
I hope you like everything.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:49 AM

haha... it depends, Terryl... if its coming MY way, you can mail it today! How much time I need also depends... on whether I can pull myself away from this darn computer and go get what I need to make the thing I want to make for my pal... and then it depends on whether I finish it, and if I do finish... if it turns out to be something good enough to send to her! SO... like I said, it ALL ...depends!!

Ok... I am backing A W A Y from the computer now and heading to JoAnns, and then maybe to the quilt shop to sign up for my machine quilting class! Maybe next month my pal will get a machine quilted goody from me!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa
Sorry Grammyx3 but just had to laugh and at least you know where they were and not loose your sanity.
Hoppa
:lol: Me too. Dinosaur blankies! That is hilarious.