Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED    June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st >

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

CLOSED June Secret Pal Swap Signup Ends June 1st

Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM

*squeee*

I got home from work to find my Secret Pal box waiting for me. Oh boy, it was heavy too! I got right into opening it up and lo and behold, the first thing I see is some hot guy on a book cover and the chocolate. (Ok, the chocolate didn't make it in the pictures, because I'm enjoying those Reeses as they were getting kinda warm) Ahem. lol

Thank YOU MDM Panther for the beautiful fabric, that must go with the Paper Piecing pattern. Hehe. Not one, but TWO magazines, I can't wait till morning coffee where I can sit and enjoy looking them over. I also needed those blades for my cutter, after all these Boomerang blocks it is starting to get dull. Note cards, note pad, and a nice spool of thread. I just starting using one of these and they rock, I'm so glad you read my mind. Grey is a perfect color for neutrality also. :)

Also thank you for the wonderful note. I hope you have a wonderful Summer too!

So many goodies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213196[/ATTACH]

And even more goodies!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213197[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213190.jpe   attachment-213191.jpe  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
I got my squishy from reeskylr today--yes it was delivered yesterday but it was raining and cold and I was trying to finish the quilt I was working on--oh but back to my pkg!!! I got a foundation piecer book, a great panel of puppy dogs, a gone fishin' pattern, a cookie recipe book (not good for the diet--even looking at it made me gain weight), some fat quarters of blue and butterfly print, some flower pins and some Cherry Vanilla Bath Fizz tablets,and the recipe for the amish bread starter which I am very happy to get. Thank you Thank you Thank you I love it all and I really hope that we can meet someday--sure would be fun to have a Pacific NW group get together--let me know if anyone is interested.
I'm so glad you like it! It would be fun to get a NW group together. LOL I know the cookie recipes aren't for a diet, so you can drool instead of eat. :D
Old 06-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
I sent my SP her package. She lives only 68 miles from myself. The delivery confirmation said it was delivered on June 10 but I haven't heard if she received it. I hope it wasn't stolen off her doorstep. I'll send her a email in a week or so if I don't hear from her.
I am about that far from you, but if I am your SP, I haven't received it yet! Thought I would let you know just in case.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
*squeee*

I got home from work to find my Secret Pal box waiting for me. Oh boy, it was heavy too! I got right into opening it up and lo and behold, the first thing I see is some hot guy on a book cover and the chocolate. (Ok, the chocolate didn't make it in the pictures, because I'm enjoying those Reeses as they were getting kinda warm) Ahem. lol

Thank YOU MDM Panther for the beautiful fabric, that must go with the Paper Piecing pattern. Hehe. Not one, but TWO magazines, I can't wait till morning coffee where I can sit and enjoy looking them over. I also needed those blades for my cutter, after all these Boomerang blocks it is starting to get dull. Note cards, note pad, and a nice spool of thread. I just starting using one of these and they rock, I'm so glad you read my mind. Grey is a perfect color for neutrality also. :)

Also thank you for the wonderful note. I hope you have a wonderful Summer too!
I'm soooo glad you are enjoying it!!! It was a little hard to part with those Reeses as I love them too but knowing you're smiling makes it sooo worth it!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Power Poster

Well, Diana, it was you. But I couldn't let you know that it was. I am glad you liked everything I sent.

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
Originally Posted by twinkie
Well, finally, my SP package is going to the post office this morning on my way to work. It is going to a QB member whose 1st name and middle name is her user name and she lives in a state that has two words in its name. Good luck at guessing.

I shouldn't have signed up this month. I forgot I was going to Bentonville, AR on a trip to Wal-Mart HO. When I returned (in addition to my work schedule) I had to edit, crop, name and print 500 pictures from the 740 I took. I apologize for the last minute mailing. I couldn't contact her to let her know it was on its way. I hope my SP will forgive me. Had too much on my plate this month LOL.

Now this sounds like me ...from the name to the state with 2 words in it
:D :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2011, 03:55 AM
Power Poster

I received my SP package yesterday. What a great job Chereth did on her first package. She sent a poodle appliqué piece, a small package of Kleenex in a log cabin package, a package of quilting machine needles, a spool of purple (my favorite color) metallic thread and the cutest panel "Cherish Nature". I have some great fabrics I can use with this panel. She sent a cute note with the package. I will be able to use everything she sent. Thanks again Cheryl.

Very nice secret pal package from Chereth
[ATTACH=CONFIG]213220[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-213214.jpe  
Old 06-18-2011, 04:34 AM

For those of you that have sent packages to Canada. We still are on postal strike.

So if my Secret Pal out there that has sent me something and wondering if I have received it yet or not. :( I haven't ... but sure it is waiting for me when the mail resumes.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:35 AM

I am looking and drooling over all of the wonderful packages this month!!! I enjoy see all the packages and what everyone chooses to put in them. There are very many great ideas!! :thumbup:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by CAgirl1
Originally Posted by Sunflower Girl
Just got back from a quick trip to Amarillo, and look what I found on my doorstep! Thank you Janet (Janetlmt)!!! Five beautiful F8s in my favorite colors, earthtones, gummy livesavers, a package of machine needles, a 30 degree ruler (I've been eyeing one of those), a package of rotary cutter blades, a scrapbook kit, a Dritz Machine Seam Guage & Adhesive Guide, and a cool book called"Perfect Blocks in Minutes" by Anita Grossman Solomon. I've attached a couple of pics, but Bug, my fur baby, thinks everything is his and won't stay out of the picture!

Thank you so-------------- much! You made my day and month!!!

I had to giggle when reading what you received and looking at the picture. Before I finished reading, all I could think is wow she got a cat in her package....rofl. Sorry a little sleep deprived.
LOL..sorry, but don't think my hubby would like it if I mailed his cat. Take a nap!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:41 AM

This is just a thought..but..for those who live in Canada..you can still be in the swap. The person who has your name could email you a gift certificate to use later! I am game for that!
I have so enjoyed June's swap. Everyone has received such great packages. The package I received was fabulous.
Peace and blessings,