Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Row  Robin - Signup Closed >

Row Robin - Signup Closed

Row Robin - Signup Closed

Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 PM

I can't I'm the president of my guild starting in June. So I'm going to be one busy girl soon.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
Did anyone step up to be tge leader of tge next round?
No me! I'm a disorganized mess! :shock:
If no one else will do it, I will. But we would need to wait until we get all these quilts finished and home to their owners, which may take a bit yet. If everyone is still interested, I would be willing to take it on then.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Count me in just let me know when we start are we going to be doing the same list of rows as before and same order of sending or mix it up?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Originally Posted by virtualbernie
Did anyone step up to be tge leader of tge next round?
No me! I'm a disorganized mess! :shock:
If no one else will do it, I will. But we would need to wait until we get all these quilts finished and home to their owners, which may take a bit yet. If everyone is still interested, I would be willing to take it on then.
Judy, thank you, thank you, thank you. Your volunteering to lead us is great news! And waiting until everyone has their quilt and perhaps a month to catch their breath is a good idea. This will also give you some time to decide if you'd like to make small changes, i.e., less blocks in the rows or slightly larger block or different suggestions for each row or no changes. Thanks again. I look forward to going "Round the Row Again!" Belles
Old 03-25-2011, 06:39 PM

Thank you JUDY! Maybe we can talk about a round robin this time instead of a row robin? just a little change for us? but it's your show Judy just let us know!!
Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 PM

Thank you JUDY! Maybe we can talk about a round robin this time instead of a row robin? just a little change for us? but it's your show Judy just let us know!!
I think the problem with a round robin is that they usually only have six people. Of course, if everyone wants to split the group into two sections we could do that. I would need to get everyone's input into what they want. I am game for either. We've got some time, so let's all look at what's out there. Maybe there are round robins that do things differently than the one I am in now.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:55 AM

That's my girl Judy...I'm in for either. I just love everyone here and to be able to do something again with everyone is just Wonderful!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 AM

Oh yea..Materialgirl...I got your special package in the mail last week ...Thank you so much you didn't need to do that for all of us but then again that's why we all love each other in this group. Everyone is so thoughtful!!! Sorry it took so long to let you know, my house is a total mess. We are getting wood floors put in through out the house and every room is a disaster.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:20 AM

Thankyou. Has everyone but Judy G and Ripped received theirs? I would love to do a row or round robin with you ladies again.Would it work for a round robin if the center wasn't as big as the others are?We could maybe think about that ,either way I'm in
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by materialgrl
Thankyou. Has everyone but Judy G and Ripped received theirs? I would love to do a row or round robin with you ladies again.Would it work for a round robin if the center wasn't as big as the others are?We could maybe think about that ,either way I'm in
I was thinking last night that we could maybe do both at once - have the first few people do rows for the center and have the last half do outside borders. I think it might be an interesting concept. Say, for instance, we do 5 rows of 6 6" blocks for a 30" center. Then start the outside round robin. Then we could start with a 2" border, a 4" border, a 5" border, a 6" border and a 7" border and end up with a quilt that is 78". Or, if someone wanted a rectangular quilt, we could do an extra row and eliminate one of the smaller borders. Just thoughts going through my head. If each person picked a theme, and the rows and borders kept to the theme, it might be very interesting.

We have lots of time to think about it still.