Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rooms? >

Rooms?

Rooms?

Old 02-20-2011, 08:50 AM

Ok.. I want to see pics of your quilting rooms. When my DH and i buy a house I get a room all to my self for all my things and crafts and sewing stuff! I am just looking for some good ways to organize it!
Old 02-20-2011, 09:35 AM

I'd show a pic of mine, but it's a crazy mess at the moment.
I usually get the guest room for my sewing and when someone comes to visit, I have to pack it all away so the guest can stay. Not this time...I have a room that is mine, mine, mine!
My suggestion to you would be once you get your Forever House...make sure the room is big enough to lay out a quilt on the floor, not just by moving things, but big enough to where once it's on the floor, you can walk AROUND it, not on it.
Plastic shoe boxes (which I have to go and buy some) are great for scraps and fat quarters.
I know someone on here sells boards to wrap larger yardage on and people love them.
Anything that can alleviate clutter is always good. (ok, I live in clutter.lol)
Old 02-20-2011, 10:00 AM

crazy mess here too...off limits from public viewing until my grandmother's stash (boxes and boxes) leave the room.
Old 02-20-2011, 10:38 AM

Use the "search" tool at the top of the page and search for sewing rooms, studios and you will get listings and wonderful pics of mbrs rooms....I just drool and eagerly look for the latest ones!!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:39 AM

I keep saying im going to post pic of my sewing room but its never clean enough for that..lol..I took our spare bedroom and use it. I bought 2 six foot tables. the kind that fold up and have them on one side of the room in a L shape. It gives me tons of room. I have a cutting area two sewing machines my little tv and my laptop along with my thread and what nots. The other side still has a twin bed that I can't get rid of because my son will sleep there when he comes home from college. I also use it to lay out my designs..the closet I put a bunch of those plastic milk crates on their side and stacked on top of each other for fabric. I store my fabric by colors and i have two bookcases which have supplies and all the goodies you have to have
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 AM

I wish I had a separate room! I have a table in my bedroom with my sewing machine on it, fabric in my closet, fabric in my storage room, fabric in my dining room drawer, iron and ironing board in my living room lol, and cutters and mats under my living room couches :D mwahaha
Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM

Theres some interesting pics on this thread :)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-47523-1.htm
Old 02-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned

My quilting room is a disaster, and I'm waiting for the Dust Bunny Police to show up and take me away in handcuffs. I am working on cleaning it up, and I'll send a pic when it's presentable.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:42 PM

At one time I did post pics of my sewing room. Not any more! Even when it's clean it looks a mess
Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Power Poster

Our house in in the middle of a remodel, been going on for months. My sewing room is in one back room not being redone. I'm moving it to a bigger room after the dust settles. Other then being a little messier today it looks the same now as it did last year.