Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
Originally Posted by LoriEl
Yummy! Can I try that banoffee cheesecake? It sounds delish! I'll bring the tea and coffee to go with it.
No need to bring tea or coffee for me, I received my SP today, but I will leave the cheesecake for the folks who are still on the bench. Tussymussy I hope you haven't left yet!

A big thanks to Juli for my wonderful package, five fat quarters, a pack of binding clips, a lovely pin cushion, some chocolate and a sticky note pad. My son has loaded on a photograph so fingers crossed I can include it. Once again many thanks Juli
You're welcome! I am glad you liked it! Sorry I was a little late getting it out.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:24 PM

I also sent Trisha a card and I have her a little package ready to send.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:32 PM

I am still on the bench but I noticed that there are a couple of packages still on their way to Canada... Maybe to me? I would love to try that cheesecake and the strawberry shortcake and I will bring some black forest cake that we had for my DD's 29th Birthday today. Otherwise my DGS and I will have to eat it all. I am going to put on a lot of extra pounds this month with all the super goodies that are being brought to the bench this month! LOL
Old 04-27-2011, 08:50 PM

Gday, Secret Squishy is in the mail today, sorry that it is late in getting off, but i have been busy what with weddings and moving house for son and new bride.
But i am so angry grrrrrrrr with Australia Post and sending parcels overseas. i had everything in the parcel that was requested only to have portions of it taken out. Not allowed to send internationally coffee/tea and dairy products was on that list also. I thought for a moment that chocolates would have had to come out too, but the posty didn't say anything to that. So at least the chocky's are still in the parcel. Anyways it is on it way to Kentucky.... :)
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 PM

brrrr, it's cold here on the bench tonight, where'd ya all go? I guess I'll need to get makin that doll quilt so I have a little some'thin to keep me knees warm with!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by pennyj123
Gday, Secret Squishy is in the mail today, sorry that it is late in getting off, but i have been busy what with weddings and moving house for son and new bride.
But i am so angry grrrrrrrr with Australia Post and sending parcels overseas. i had everything in the parcel that was requested only to have portions of it taken out. Not allowed to send internationally coffee/tea and dairy products was on that list also. I thought for a moment that chocolates would have had to come out too, but the posty didn't say anything to that. So at least the chocky's are still in the parcel. Anyways it is on it way to Kentucky.... :)
PennyJ,

I am sure your package is great without the items that were removed. But it is really not your Australian Post's fault. Each country has items listed that are not allowed to be mailed to them. Someone in Kentucky will be very happy to receive your parcel.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by Aurora
Originally Posted by pennyj123
PennyJ,

I am sure your package is great without the items that were removed. But it is really not your Australian Post's fault. Each country has items listed that are not allowed to be mailed to them. Someone in Kentucky will be very happy to receive your parcel.
Thanks Aurora, i do understand, but it still is annoying what we can and can't send these days. I do enjoy the squishy's that come from overseas, i have been very spoilt over the months of being with the swap and like to be able to return the favour. :)
Old 04-28-2011, 04:28 AM

Sounds like some neat packages are arriving. This has been a fun swap.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:32 AM

I came home last night after a long day, and a big box was waiting for me! ShawnEmily filled an amazing swap box with all sorts of fabulous goodies. I received beautiful fabrics, a tissue holder, notepad, pattern, quilting-related stickers, chocolate, and so much more! Some of the chocolate has already been eaten... :)

It was a wonderful surprise, and I am so happy to participate in such great swaps. Thanks again!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:40 AM

PennyJ,

I still remember the package I received from you a couple of months ago. It was awesome and I was the envy of my guild over the beautiful fabric you sent me and patterns. I have not been fortunate enough as yet to send a package overseas, but when I am, I will be sure to check with the USPS book of no-no's (it is about 2 1/2" thick) before getting my package together. Thanks for the reminder.