Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed >

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

April Secret Pal Swap Sign up Closed

Old 04-19-2011, 11:55 AM

My package is on it's way............ pretty far distance from me. I think the only hint I can give is that my SP has been VERY patient. SP should receive package by the end of the week.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:02 PM

I am writing in this subject line, because my mother (Trisha) is a quilter and seems to spend a lot of time looking thru the swap section. She does not know I am doing this, as she is not allowed on the computer because she is having triple bypass surgery tomorrow and she is on complete bed rest right now. I posted somewhere else, and thought I would post here, that the doctors say she will have a long recovery time due to some complications that will come along with the surgery. I wondered if anyone would be interested in sending her a card so that when she gets home, she will have something to look forward to. I have had quite a few responses from another topic line, and so I thought I would try this one too. I am not a quilter, and never could be, but my Mom loves it so we encourage her as much as possible. And she is always talking about somebody who we don't know, and of course it is one of you! LOL
She considers all of you her friends, and that is great.
She is not one to complain about her aches and pains but we as a family know that this is very, very serious. It is going to be hard to keep her under control when she gets home, because she never sits down for very long. She didn't even want to have the surgery until after Easter so she could make dinner. Talked her out of that one. Anyway, if anyone would be interested in sending her a card, please pm me and I will send her address. I will be on later this evening til about 1:00. We have to be at the hospital by 5:30. I would put it on now, but don't know if I am allowed to do that. Thank you so much for reading this post, and if nothing else, please keep her in your prayers tomorrow.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:10 PM

I received my wonderfull package from Regina Muli today, thanks so much!! There where three pieces of blenderfabric in there and cute embroidered blocks wich i will use in a quilt for our new baby girl. some chocolates a screwdriver and a seamripper and some coins..Thanks so much!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
Good morning everyone! Just got pm from Patrice and she said that I can host the swap. She suggested that I start from scratch and is going to get ahold of me at the end of the week to let me know what it is I need to know. So be looking for post so we can continue without interuption. i have enjoyed doing these swaps so much could not let the fun end. Thank you Suzanne for all the hard work you have done in the past. I must be crazy.
Thank you for generously sharing your time with us.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:59 PM

I keep checking my delivery confirmation number but I keep getting the same message! Do you think it hasn't moved? Very frustrating but never happened before. Be patience SP, it will get there eventually. I think it would be faster with the pony express!
Old 04-19-2011, 01:08 PM

I checked the tracking on my package and IT HAS LEFT THE COUNTRY! Canada post sent it to an eastern city to cross the border which is good because it is heading to an eastern state. Now it is up to the USPS to get it to my pal and hopefully she doesn't have to wait too long for it to get to NH.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by dyer804
I keep checking my delivery confirmation number but I keep getting the same message! Do you think it hasn't moved? Very frustrating but never happened before. Be patience SP, it will get there eventually. I think it would be faster with the pony express!
When this has happened to me I will call the 1 800 for customer service at the PO and they will check it out. Once I had one do that in Texas and they told me it had gotten stuck on the wheel and kept going through over and over.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:14 PM

Sorry to see that you will be stepping down Suzanne, but I am glad to know that the swaps will continue. Thanks Lori! I didn't sign up this month, the last few weeks of tax season are too hectic, but I am looking forward to next month.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by trisha
I am writing in this subject line, because my mother (Trisha) is a quilter and seems to spend a lot of time looking thru the swap section. She does not know I am doing this, as she is not allowed on the computer because she is having triple bypass surgery tomorrow and she is on complete bed rest right now. I posted somewhere else, and thought I would post here, that the doctors say she will have a long recovery time due to some complications that will come along with the surgery. I wondered if anyone would be interested in sending her a card so that when she gets home, she will have something to look forward to. I have had quite a few responses from another topic line, and so I thought I would try this one too. I am not a quilter, and never could be, but my Mom loves it so we encourage her as much as possible. And she is always talking about somebody who we don't know, and of course it is one of you! LOL
She considers all of you her friends, and that is great.
She is not one to complain about her aches and pains but we as a family know that this is very, very serious. It is going to be hard to keep her under control when she gets home, because she never sits down for very long. She didn't even want to have the surgery until after Easter so she could make dinner. Talked her out of that one. Anyway, if anyone would be interested in sending her a card, please pm me and I will send her address. I will be on later this evening til about 1:00. We have to be at the hospital by 5:30. I would put it on now, but don't know if I am allowed to do that. Thank you so much for reading this post, and if nothing else, please keep her in your prayers tomorrow.
Sent a PM and she is in my prayers..
Old 04-19-2011, 01:27 PM

I am amazed..I sent 2 packages on Friday..The SP package and than another to someone needing red fabric..The red fabric made to its destination already..But, the SP is still in transit..Someone living in the sweetest state you should get yours soon..Hopefully tomorrow..