Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
??? about Little Gracie machine quilting frame >

??? about Little Gracie machine quilting frame

??? about Little Gracie machine quilting frame

Old 03-27-2011, 03:06 PM

Okay, so I have some questions. I have a chance to buy a Little Gracie II quilting frame, with both the metal and wood carriages. It also comes with the rails to upgrade to a king size.

I REALLY want this but am not sure. It is a lot of money to lay out if I can't use it. I have measured the family room and it will definitely fit, even with the king size rails. I have been thinking for several years about getting a machine frame but have not really had the opportunity before.

Right now, I have a basic Brother electronic machine, a couple of Featherweights and an old Kenmore. Will the Brother work with the frame? I would definitely want to upgrade my machine for it, but that would have to wait until later.

So I guess I am wanting to know what the pros and cons are of the Little Gracie II frame - ease of use, durability, compatibility with my Brother, etc.

HHHEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!! I really want to just jump in and say YES I WANT IT - but not if it is not going to be an asset to have. Being on SSI Disability, money is not fluid around here, so it is a MAJOR investment. Thanks in advance for listening and advice.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:13 PM

I have a gracie sturdy lite goes up to a queen size this was given to me, I also have a brother innov-1200 and I love quilting with this machine won't trade anything right now. They work both work good together. Go for it.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:26 PM

I have a Grace frame with an old Pfaff 79 on it and I just love it . The down side is you don't have a lot of quilting (6") or so then you have to roll it again,but it sure beats quilting on a table and fighting a larger quilt. It will do fine till I can afford a machine with a larger throat.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:32 PM

i consider this frame when i was deciding on my setup and i decided not to go with it because it only takes up to a 14 inch throat so the ability to do a 12 inch block would never be within reach.

throat space was a big deal for me, i knew i would start with a small throat machine but would upgrade to an 18 inch machine so i go do 12 inch blocks.

i didn't want to have to replace both the frame and machine when i upgraded so i ended up buying a grace pinnacle used with all the extras (pattern boards, laser, extra rails) for $600.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 PM

I love the gracie frame you can use your brother it will be a smaller area you can quilt but you can do it. I love my gracie and if you can upgrade to the king is a plus and both carraiges is great I just have the metal one I like it though!
Old 03-27-2011, 09:41 PM

I love my little Gracie II frame, I have mine set up with a Bailey 13, this works great for me I dont have space for a bigger frame, the frame only allows for 11inches deep of quilting so the 13" Bailey was the best choice(good price,basic machine) I would recommend to set it up in as a king size, you can always quilt a smaller quilt, but it's not a quick switch to change sizes of the frame. Good luck with your decision.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:49 PM

ILOVE LOVE MINE...it is the greasest thing I have used for quilting...Very simple to use..The glide is wonderful....There are also some tutes on the internet to show each step of loading the frame for the first time...I use my older Bernina for my frame and it stitches wonderfully....
Go for it...you will be glad you did...ENJOY
Old 03-27-2011, 09:58 PM

I'd go bigger. I have the Original GMQ frame, similar to the new Grace Pro and I have a 17" Bailey on it (metal carriage). While I can do most of what I want to do I can't do a block larger than 12" and surely can not take advantage of all the throat space that I now have. I have to improvise sometimes. Being medically retired myself I can totally empathize with you over the funding aspect so I'd hold out for a larger frame. Then you'll know that you won't have any remorse later when you are able to get a larger throat machine.