I have failed....

Old 03-31-2011, 09:34 AM

I am SO sick of hearing "It's a guy thing!!!" It's all B.S., and if they say it enough it becomes "Truth!" This is an excuse Tim the Toolman Taylor somehow got started back when, to excuse the stupid things men do as well as those things they just don't want to do, and to get wives off the backs of lazy-a** husbands!
The ONLY thing I don't have to worry about is changing the TP roll...I gave him his own bathroom when he moved in my house after we were married! Now if I can figure how to get him to use his own shower...
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 AM

EskapetheNorm, that is so true!
Old 03-31-2011, 09:53 AM

my kids are all in their thirties and they still do this, all live on their own and two r married
Old 03-31-2011, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Originally Posted by pamkasperi
Originally Posted by marymay
If you failed. Then so did I. It happens more time then I can count.It is better then the husband going to the bathroom in the middle of the night forgetting to put the tolet set down. Then you get up and fall into it. You wake up real fast.Life is so good. :-) being a Mother /Wife.
Ok - I complain about this and my husband says "Well turn on the light when you go in there and you would SEE that the seat was up!"
When DH and I were first married we had this discussion one time. He said to me," Honey, I will happily put the seat down for you if you will return the favor and leave it up for me after you use it." How could I argue with that logic? LOL

I solve the running out of TP problem by stocking each bathroom with it's own extra rolls easily reached from the commode.
If I had it to do over again I would NEVER have taught the boys to pee standing up! Or I would have had a urinal installed right off!
Old 03-31-2011, 12:02 PM

Warning - long story:

Many moons ago, I taught my brother the true value of at least making sure an extra roll was in the bathroom. He was notorious for using up the paper without replenishing the supply.

One day I make sure to leave just enough paper (1-3 squares) for the next time he used it. I also made sure to take out all the other rolls & put all of them in the linen closet at the end of the hallway.

Sure enough, he does his business and realizes that there's just not enough to clean up. He screams for my attention and demanded that I bring him another roll. I replied back taht I couldn't; I was busy. He then had to pull up his underwear and his pants, walk to the other end of the hallway, reach into the far corner of the linen closet, walk all the way back & clean up.

I didn't have to worry about the toilet paper supply for a long, long, long time...
Old 03-31-2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by KatFish
:lol: :lol: :lol: I have brainwashed my children into thinking that running out of tp is a sin. However, their boyfriends who use my bathrooms do the same thing as your children. I'm working on that. They now put the seat down, so we're making progress. :-)
Refuse the boyfriends bathroom privileges because they're not conforming to the house rules. The next time one of them needs to go, send him down to the nearest convenience store/gas station. Probably wouldn't take more than once for him to learn.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EskapetheNorm
Too funny, we fight this battle also.

If you see an empty roll on the toilet paper dispenser,
You are a

Son if you use the toilet anyway.
Daughter if you go find another bathroom.
Husband if you think about changing the roll.
Woman if you change the roll.
MOTHER if you change the roll, put three rolls on the back of the toilet and write toilet paper on the shopping list!
That is absolutely true!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned

[quote=quiltmom04 If I had it to do over again I would NEVER have taught the boys to pee standing up! Or I would have had a urinal installed right off![/quote]

When they were younger - potty training young - I wanted to put a drain in the middle of the bathroom floor and just use a hose to wash down the bathroom and the dining room - you know how they do at fast food resturants....never did that - thought about the urinal thing too - never did that either! Should have - just didn't!
Old 03-31-2011, 04:30 PM

OK, so THEY didn't learn. Now, YOU need to learn to check the roll of toilet paper BEFORE you use the toilet. No problems, as YOU are going to take care of it after all, but at least you won't be in a bad position for not having checked in the first place.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:45 PM

It seems to be one of the hardest concepts for children and MEN to learn. Keep trying lol.