Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
New to quilting-also >

New to quilting-also

New to quilting-also

Old 05-22-2007, 06:40 AM

I am new to quilting, took a beginner's class 4 mos ago. Just want to encourage anyone who wants to try. . .

I don't know how to sew, never learned but have one completed quilt, and two to finish. Also a zillion ideas for more.

There are many people out there who are willing to share their knowlege.
If you never try--- you will never know

:wink:

Marybeth
Old 05-22-2007, 06:52 AM

Welcome Marybeth!!! Glad to have you!!!

You've come to the right place!! We know everything... & if you don't believe it just ask us & we'll tell you it's true!! (Or we'll make up a really silly answer for you!!!) :lol: j/k

We share, we care, we aid in research, and we annoy each other as often as possible... What more could you ask for??? :D

Are those your quilts pictured in your avatar?
Old 05-22-2007, 08:18 AM

Hello Marybeth! Glad you have joined us. Loads of fun and information here!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:40 AM

No those are not my quilts. It's a picture I found on the net and liked so used it for my avatar. :D
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 AM

They are beautiful, just be careful... Some people get quite snippy about folks "borrowing" their images... :roll: Seems silly to me, but that's just the way some people are I guess. (Personally, I'd be honored if someone liked one of my quilts enough to "borrow" the image as their avater. :lol: )

How are your quilts coming along?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 PM

coloquilter1957
hi everyone I am new to the forum hope i can learn how this works have been reading the forum for a while now enjoy it very much . I am a machine quilter from the state of Colorado hope to meet a lot of quilting friends here
Old 05-25-2007, 06:23 PM

Hey there Coloquilter....What part do you hail from? I used to live there. Up in Routt County.....Steamboat area. My grandmother lived in Junction....love those peaches....gosh I miss them. 57 good year!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:26 PM

oh there is nothing as good as those western slope peaches mmmmmgood . i am from eastern part of colorado just west of the kansas state linr have lived in kit carson county for 50 yearsso nice to meet a fello coloradon
Old 05-25-2007, 07:08 PM

I have to be honest....My father and his family was from colorado...I was actually born in Key West, Florida. Still you gotta love those Rocky mountains. Music Pass was actually named after an ancestor, Sarah Musick, her son George Musick named it when he was guiding Hayden westward toward the Rockies up around Steamboat. Kinda cool. Now am in Oregon where my moms family relations were a part of the Lewis and Clark expedition...I have kept the wanderlust alive as I have been in 48 of the 50...Only Alaska and Hawaii to go...I figure I have 50 years to get it done...after I finish quilting that is. :D
Old 05-26-2007, 08:53 AM

boy you sound like a world traveler ? i never go much of any where stay home tring to get all these quilts i want to do out of my head and on to fabric. I am tring a double wedding ring right now tring to do the strip pieceing method wish me luck i have never done this before sure hope i can get it to work for me :lol: