Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Fun Halloween Block Swap ....      In the mail everyone!!.. >

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Fun Halloween Block Swap .... In the mail everyone!!..

Old 06-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Power Poster

Oh no....so sorry about the change purse Lv! Thats the pits, but glad you made it home safely. You are right though....somebody had a really "great" day! Sorry it wasn't you...LOL!
Old 06-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

Oh No!!! That is terrible Lv2sew! I wonder if you contact the gas station if it got turned in. Sometimes it happens. It is worth a try anyway.

Hi Hoppa ... Welcome back. I know you are not talking about getting me into that quilt shop. LOL! I can get into so much trouble in such places. My friend kitty used to tell me about it. We never made it up there. We did go to one on the right side of truckee that I loved. Have you gone to that one? I also love to eat at the truckee coffee shop. Ever been there? Lots of fun shops to get into trouble with in truckee. I want to go to one in gardenerville.

Red
Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by hoppa
Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011
Thank you Hoppa, just got back from our little mini vacation, can you say sunburned???? Geeze it was Hot in Austin Texas...Well, need to finish up a few other swaps and get them in the mail...I do have the Halloween done, just waiting to get paid Tuesday! Hope you all had a great weekend, on our way home, I ran into a little trouble, I had my little change purse in my back pocket, hand to go to the little girls room, and I guess my change purse fell out, I thought I herd a thud, but didnt see anything on the floor didnt think to check my pockets, any way had the remainder of our trip money in the change purse, who ever found it must me feeling it's her happy day, cause she ended up with $70.00 + change! Happy for her but sad for me, we were to far to go back! talking about sweating bullets and hoping we would make it home and not run out of gas....:-)
WElcome back Donna.Sorry about the change purse and glad you didnt run out of gas. Funny you went to Austin as that is where we are heading too. We leave Sunday for New Mexico for 5 days then to Austin for 10 days. Heard it is hot and humid too. Can handle heat but not humidity. WE just got back from Lake Tahoe from a conference and it was cold. But found a wonderful lil quilt store and got into trouble there. Need to take Red there,lol.

Hoppa
It wasnt humid at all, it was a dry heat...smelled like the dessert...And thank you for the welcome back, be safe on your trip!
Old 06-13-2011, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Hi Everyone I got Hooked, Moonrise and Roberts Blocks in the mail today. They are just wonderful I love them all.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:55 PM

Hey, is this side trading? I haven't had time to read through all 55 pages of posts, but I thought these were due in July?
Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Hi Everyone I got Hooked, Moonrise and Roberts Blocks in the mail today. They are just wonderful I love them all.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by heyjami
Hey, is this side trading? I haven't had time to read through all 55 pages of posts, but I thought these were due in July?
They are due july 15th. Some of us are just over achievers. :)
Old 06-13-2011, 03:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by heyjami

I have gotten 17 (I think) of the swappers blocks already. I told the swappers if I got them all early, I would send them back early. I also mentioned that in the rules page that I would take the blocks anytime anyone wanted to send them. That makes it a little easier on me doing the swap too. See?

I want to do a christmas/winter themed swap after this one. It would be nice if everyone had thiers in early. Hint hint ... lol!
Old 06-13-2011, 06:28 PM

Never been to the one in truckrr or garderville. She di tell us about those though. She said we should do a shop hop on our own and one of the shops was more traditional fabrics, She said fabric chicks was very ecclectic. We will have to maybe plan a trip to gardnerville together or truckee sometime
hoppa
Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

I am thinking yes we sure should hoppa. There are (were ???) two in truckee. One takes only cash. I have never been to that one.

The venders from those stores will be at the Truckee meadows quilt show with a booth. That way you can get an idea which one you might want to visit.

Have you been to all of them here in town? There used to be one in sparks that is just on line now. It was called the Quilt Stop. I liked her shop. The fire station was built on her site. The city took her property to build it. Harsh huh?

Lets go around town the fist shopping visit, ok? Maybe once you are back from your trip??? The sewing quilting Expo is the first week in July.

Red
Old 06-14-2011, 08:02 AM

I have finished my third set and am half done with the last. I hope to finish these up and send them to you by the end of the week. Is it ok if I were to buy a shipping label from usps.com, print it out and send it to you for my return label? It would save me a little and when I am in so many swaps every little bit helps.