If you won the lottery

Old 04-27-2011, 05:07 PM
Banned

A gammill long arm!
Old 04-27-2011, 07:23 PM

Half my family fits your bill! Tried giving them money, food, paid electric and water bills...they just get in the same bind over and over, and ask for help, instead of a way to help themselves.

We have had to refuse to help many of them any more. Hate to see it, but they have to learn to help themselves..we are on just as limited a budget as they are (we get/earn less than some of them). We live within our means...they seem to have to spend that disability check the day they get it.

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
I would wander around the grocery store, find the person(s) with the most kids, most groceries and pay for groceries. (you KNOW who they are!) Also I would go to the $ store and Goodwill and be Santa and hand out hundred dollar bills. (or more!) Wahoo! I would help as many people as possible..........
Old 04-27-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
After picking yourself up off the floor of course LOL, what would be the very first thing you would purchase?
My house. I would finish paying off the mortgage & really start doing some serious renovation to the place...
Old 04-28-2011, 03:05 AM

I'd schedule a massage every couple of weeks! Build my "dream" house. (It would be smaller than people would think!...) Add a pool, pool boy, garden, gardener (I don't garden.) sandy
Old 04-28-2011, 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by greenini
First I'd have to buy a ticket :-) :lol:
Sounds like me.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 AM

Face lift, newer car, put $ away for 3 grandsonscollege and trust fund, chef and church.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:49 AM

My Dream:
1) Tithe to Church
2) Pay off mortgage and 1 credit card we have
3) Buy cars (new for DH and me, used for DD #1, her DH and DD #2)
4) Move to a rambler with suite for my precious DM
5) Go on a cruise with our best friends
6) Outfit with family with Macs
7) Buy a treadmill
Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 AM

my sister plays the lottery a lot. She asked me what I would do with my winnings, if there were ever to be any- first, must buy ticket. :)

I don't see eye to eye with my family most days so I said I would give them something- $1.00 to buy their own ticket. That's what I would spend. We'd have the same chance of winning.

And to the sponges who would come out of the woodwork I would say- get a job, live within your means, learn to budget. Just like I have had to do to provide for my family. My philosophy is- if I'm down to my last dollar, it is up to me to get the next one and the one after that. I don't look for handouts and I haven't had it easy all my life.

I've always given to my church- not tithing, but as I could afford. It irks me those people who have to give 10% but have no food in the pantry (I know someone like this). I take care of my family's needs and then give.

I wouldn't pay off my mortgage as I need the interest as a tax deduction. I would improve my home and the first thing I would do is hire someone to clean up the lawn from winter's effects. Then hire someone to give my house a good scrubbing and then I will take over. Oh and have someone open and close the pool. I can't put the cover on and off by myself but I can maintain and like to vacuum it.

I'd close my business and stay home- giving my time to grands so they don't have to attend day care like my kids did and be there for my family to help them.

So much to do- but you have to buy a ticket, so I will get my butt up every day and go to work and live within my means. Yes, I've thought about this. But I always say- God didn't mean for me to be rich or he would have done it by now. And now I will get off the computer and get back to cleaning up the yard. :)