Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machines >

Embroidery Machines

Embroidery Machines

Old 05-01-2011, 05:54 PM

Don't know why my reply didn't show up. You will have so much fun with an embroidery machine. The stabilizer, threads and patterns can get expensive. I Have a Janome 11000SE and Janome MB4 and love both of them.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by donnacollierbess
I'd love to hear and see any embroidery projects. So far I've been working on dish towels I got from the dollar store. I did put a name on a golf shirt but it wasn't easy. Ideas anyone?
I embroidery baby names on the pre folded diapers and add some type of trim on them. Makes great baby gifts.

I have the Simplicity apron pattern for dummies and I only uses a 1 1/4 yd to make and I embroidery names on them.

I like to use the 9 patch finished square size 6 inches and and alternative with a solid square that I embroidery on. the Redwork designs are great for this and I use colors other than red.

I also embroidery short Bible verses or saying on quilts, the 9 patch is also great for that have the very middle square solid and embroidery on it. I embroidery on the squares before I put them together.
I also make my own greeting cards, I have posted pictures of them in early April.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:31 PM

I agree with Jean, embroidery is NOT a cheap hobby.
I have a Brother 1500 D and I love it, it comes with a 5x7 and 8x10 hoop. Was easy for me as a beginner to learn.

Price example: I got my machine for $2400--on sale then I had to buy the software to be able to download designs--$700. Stabelizer 12-20$, thread 3-5 dollars a spool.

Maybe you will be fortunate as me and the machine will be on sale(1/2 price) and they will offer you the 60 spools of Pacesetter thread for $199.00. If your not sure, just buy the basic Brother Disney embroidery machine. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Hi,

I have a Babylock Elegante2 for embroidery, and love it!!!!
Has 4 hoops and the option I love best is it cuts the jump threads!
I agree, embroidery isn't cheap, but I sure to love it!
Bev
Old 05-01-2011, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mary L Booth
Originally Posted by Krystyna
My husband bought me a Baby Lock Sofia 2 for Christmas and I can't tell you how much fun I'm having with it. I've made quilt blocks, t-shirts, and the possibilities are endless. It only has a 4x4 hoop and I initially thought that the size would limit me, but unless I'm going to do tapestry wall hangings or something (NOT) it is just fine. I love it.
I have the Brother 700 and the Design lite software so I can download designs. I have made a few embroidery quilts and love how it adds to the quilt. Here is one you can see
OMG I just love that quilt. Don't know were you got the design. I have made three differant log cabin and have never seen this drsign.
Barb
Old 05-01-2011, 07:23 PM

I have the Viking Diamond with the large hoops and a Bernina 730. I prefer to embroidery on the Viking and sew on the Bernina. Yes, it is an expensive hobby but such fun.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by PamB8s
My husband asked me what I wanted for my 10th wedding anniversary and I have been thinking about an embroidery machine. I don't want to do anything professionally. Just home embroidery, gifts, enhancing quilts. etc. Tell me in your opinion whats a great one to have. Thanks so much, Have a blessed day.
Brother machine by far. Enjoy
Old 05-02-2011, 03:43 PM

I have a Babylock Ellageo. Dearly love it. It can be expensive till you get set up. The Madeira Thread Chest is a good buy. You have tons of colors to choose from. Plenty of free designs available too.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:42 PM

I have the Brother SE-400, it is small, but it is mighty!!!! It embroiders also! I have machine quilted with it and also making a denim rag quilt!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by PamB8s
My husband asked me what I wanted for my 10th wedding anniversary and I have been thinking about an embroidery machine. I don't want to do anything professionally. Just home embroidery, gifts, enhancing quilts. etc. Tell me in your opinion whats a great one to have. Thanks so much, Have a blessed day.
I have a Brother 1500D it works great for me and I have done a fair bit since buying it at Christmas time. I have been able to down load great patterns either $1-$5 or some even free patterns. Go and check out machines at different dealers and pick which you like the best.