Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Have you met a new friend through the Board? >

Have you met a new friend through the Board?

Have you met a new friend through the Board?

Old 05-07-2011, 12:01 PM

Yes. "Chaskaquilter" and I got together for coffee at the Senior Center, and plan to have lunch next week and have "show and tell". Love this Board.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:38 PM

Would love to meet someone in the Tri cities, Wa
Old 05-07-2011, 12:52 PM

I forgot to list the ones that I have met from the board. Here is my list of who I've met in person: sak658,ChrisB, Pat elam, Dottientx, Agdetrick, ibquilting1,Texasjunebug,Wanda,charhend,Joanieu, debbie Umphress,Mariaca,Mamajack3,Makakakau, Toniraemoore. Ones I have met by phone: allie, buddy's mom. Ones I've met by emails: tussymussy, jabear617, sweetness, stipplingqueen, T.Charlie, miss williemae. I hope that I haven't missed anyone, if so forgive me. I tried to remember everyone. Hope to meet many more from the board in the future.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
I have met several new friends. Sewgull and I bumped into each other in a quilt shop in South Carolina while I was there on vacation in February. QuiltE and I have discovered that we several things in common, not just quilting and we have discussed going on a FART (lol). There are many members that I have enjoyed sharing ideas and information with.
I can picture it now ... MamaBear and SewGull bump into each other and say, "Oh sorry, excuse me for bumping into you ... How do you do, I'm MB/SG from QB!!!"

Yup ... we discovered we have a lot of common threads. I had MamaBear pegged before she told me who she was, but I was thinking that's just too coincidental ... and OMG it was absolutely too coincidental, when we went beyond our screen names!! The IRL F2F will no doubt happen!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE
I can picture it now ... MamaBear and SewGull bump into each other and say, "Oh sorry, excuse me for bumping into you ... How do you do, I'm MB/SG from QB!!!"
As strange as it may seem that is exactly how it happened. I had been talking to Sewgull to get the names of LQS's in Mrytle Beach as she lives in the area and she pointed me to 3 shops. One day I visited 2 of the shops very close to where we were staying. Later during our stay, my DH and I made a trip toward the 3rd shop which was a about 30 miles from where we were and I was browsing in the shop and noticed a poster about a quilt show upcoming in the area and was asking the shop owner about the show when another customer who was in the shop asked me if I was a member of quiltboard.com and it was Sewgull. She had heard me tell the shop owner that we were vacationing in the area and she put two and two together. We had a lovely visit in the quilt shop and she told me about some local restaurants and points of interest for us to visit while in the area. By the time I went back out to our truck where my DH had been waiting he was wondering how long anyone, could spend in a quilt shop :lol: :lol:
Old 05-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

So ..... is that the way it played out :?: :?
Old 05-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Power Poster

So ..... is that the way it played out :?: :?
Yes, exactly, I just updated my post, my computer and I just had a little issue, and it won :oops:
Old 05-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by mary hennessey
Would love to meet someone in the Tri cities, Wa
Mary! Mary! I am in the Tri-Cities, in Finley in fact. What's ya doing next week? :-D
Old 05-07-2011, 02:09 PM

I'm also from AZ however, the friends I have made of the QB are from other parts of the country and we also share many of the same interests. My relationships have formed through PM's about fabrics, questions about patterns, etc. Hopefully one day we will actually meet in person...

Andie, desertrose
Old 05-07-2011, 02:10 PM

I'm also from AZ however, the friends I have made of the QB are from other parts of the country and we also share many of the same interests. My relationships have formed through PM's about fabrics, questions about patterns, etc. Hopefully one day we will actually meet in person...

Andie, desertrose