Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249? >

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 AM

Welll I don't know about shipping - but I do have a SewEzi table and am very happy with it. It is sturdy, doesn't shake and for what it is worth when we unpacked it (my husband was there) and I had to confess to what the price was he said it was well made and worth it.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:50 AM

I forgot to ask - do you have a large Quilt show, maybe they come to that - doesn't hurt to ask and then you could get one without the shipping cost???
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 AM

Unhappy

I bought an Arrow Gidget Sewing table for about $130.00 last year. I think this is one that Leah Day markets. Big mistake. As soon as I put it together I realized the hole for my mid-size sewing machine was too small and it shook like an earthquake was going on when I tried to sew on it. Needless to say, it went right back to the store. I believe you get what you pay for. I'm going to try to save up enough to get a better quality table.
The Sew-Ezi looks much better because the 4 legs seem placed to support the table better, less chance of shaking?

Last edited by Silvia75; 04-24-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:36 PM

I'm currently using a school desk that I got at a yard sale for $15. It most likely originally came from an auction where the fellow bought a "lot" of discontinued desks. It has a Formica top and a shelf all the way across underneath that would likely be the right depth for inserting your machine to get a totally flat work surface. I have an old cabinet model machine positioned beside the desk for extended work surface of approximately the same height. The desk is easy to move but does not fold up for true portability.
Gives you another avenue to explore if you think this might work for your purposes.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM

I have the SewEzi table and love it. Usually I take it to sew at other locations as it's very portable. It doesn't shake. It's not made of wood.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 PM

I have one of the folding tables from Sam's Club with adjustable height. It shakes very badly when I try to sew on it. I ended up buying a wooden desk to sew on. Of course that's not really portable. The people I know who have the Sew Ezi really love it. It doesn't shake. Several people have said that they bought it at the end of a quilt show when the business displaying it didn't want to take it back to their shop, so they got a good price.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:47 AM

"Gidget II" is what Leah Day said she had in one of her videos.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by AliKat View Post
Another option would be to purchase 1 or 2 Lifetime adjustable height tables, the size of 24 inches x 17-18 inches. Office Max, Staples, sometimes Costco, and such will put them on sale. I got my first one on sale for about $14 ... the price has gone up to about $19 on sale. I take these with me when I am working out of town. One for my machine and one for the extra fabric if needed.

ali
I just looked at the one at Target, which has ironing board type legs, is that the one you have? It doesn't look like there would be room for your legs under it.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:53 PM

I also have Lifetime tables. The legs do look something like ironing board legs, although they are offset toward one side of the table. My legs (& I have long legs) fit just fine at the 24" height. The advantagle of the SewEzi table is the the surface of the table is even with the surface of the machine, making the whole table the sewing space. With the Lifetime table, the machine extension is the sewing space. Most acrylic machine extension tables will not fit on top of the Lifetime table. The SewEzi table is more stable, less movement. Another advantage is one of the inserts is clear solid and can be used as a light table. The Lifetime table is a very good size for cutting mat and/or iron mat. I also use them as extra table for a gathering of people to have small table by their chair.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:31 PM

I just purchased the sewEzi table. I live in so cal and paid $25 for shipping but I did receive it the day after it shipped - so very fast shipping. Unfortunately I had to pay CA sales tax but I am really happy with this table. It is very portable. I can easily move it from room to room. I put it up against the edge of my dining room table - it's not flush but its fine. It is just so wonderful to have a flat surface to sew on. And it does not shake and seems pretty darn sturdy. I purchased it with the insert for a Janome 6600 (and nothing else) but am seriously considering purchasing an additional insert for my little Janome (AQS 2009). I am extremely happy with it and highly recommend if you can afford it.