Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249? >

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Is the Sew Ezi Sewing Table really worth $249?

Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 AM

I've had mine for several years. I have my Janome 6600 set up on it and it is very sturdy and so comfortable to use. I bought mine at a quilt show and it was free shipping.

I take mine to retreats. It's so nice to have your own set up.
Old 04-27-2013, 06:47 AM

Just wondering what the weight of that table is. Looked at website and it was tempting. Looks like it would be great to "take-along" but wonder how much it weighs
Old 04-29-2013, 12:42 PM

My thoughts are that if you really like the Sewezi table, then it is worth the money and shipping you will pay for it because you will have it for your lifetime. Seems everyone who owns one, loves them.
I got a table free from freecycle. It is older and the top is made of wood, slot for my Bernina fits nicely, the legs fold under and are very sturdy, but it is rather heavy, so I was considering the Sewezi table and will now purchase it based on the feedback on this thread. Thanks everyone!
Diane

Last edited by dmackey; 04-29-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 06-15-2013, 05:21 AM

Default Sewing Table

Originally Posted by quiltingdoe View Post
Thank you for your quick replies. I live on The Big Island of Hawaii. We do not have Michael's or Joann's. We only have limited fabric stores.

Karenpatrick-I did check out Nancy's Notions, but that table is pressboard. Unfortunately, pressbboard doesn't stand up well in the tropics! Thank you for the reply.

raedar63-How can I see the table you referred to by Leah Day?
I also had trouble finding any table on Leah Day's site.

I looked at the one on Nancy's Notions. I saw the size limitation and pulled back. Be cautious if you have one of the newer huge machines, it won't accommodate the largest of them. Will any of them????
Old 06-15-2013, 05:31 AM

I have a similar table. I don't know if it's a sew ezi. I love it. However, I did not pay $249 for it. I paid $119.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:05 AM

Thank you all so much for your comments. I have been considering buying the SewEzi table for some time now, since I saw one at a workshop. But I, too, wanted to consider other options.

Two main considerations for me are the opening must be large enough to accommodate the larger machines, and it MUST be stable when sewing (Many are not!).

I also firmly believe that in most cases, you get what you pay for, so if a person can afford it, I would say go for what is known to be tried and true and not try to economize any more than necessary!!! Many of the alternative ones being discussed here do appear to have some serious shortcomings as trade-offs for economy (stability and portability being a couple of the more significant ones to think about).

Thanks so much ladies.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

I have the Gidget table too. It should say machines with extension table fit fine. No extension table and the machine will have a large gap around it. The cut out for the machine is adjustable by adjusting the wing nut and chain. It's very sturdy, no shaking at all. The table is very heavy so not very portable. I keep my Bernina in it. It's a good table.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:48 AM

I have a friend who loves hers...in fact so much, she got rid of her larger cabinet she had for her sewing machine,m and only uses the Sew Easy table, and now has a lot more room in her sewing room. She also takes it to retreats so she has her own sewing space.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:05 PM

I have had mine for about four years and I would buy it again today! I love it. The flat sewing surface is great and the inserts are made for individual machines so they fit without a gap. I would recommend it to anyone. It does not shake even a little while sewing. I considered several others because they were cheaper, but I am sooooo glad I decided not to try to get a bargain. The Sew Ezi is worth every penny.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:36 PM

I have one and used it for many years. It is very heavy, and works well. I bought it to use with my serger and sewing machine, worked well for both. It sits in my attic, and I bring it out for the grandkids to do crafts. They can't knock it over, like happened with a small table. My advice though would be to find a used Koala, or any other sewing cabinet. It can be rolled from room to room, but it gives alot of sewing space. Here is one on my craigslist, but it is far from Hawaii.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/fuo/3844758584.html. They come smaller.