Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 05-28-2011, 01:23 PM

We were planning to spend the weekend in Theodore Roosevelt Park; but with the run-off from the mountains in Montana;the Garrison dam in Lake Sackewea has been releasing lots of water down stream. The park is flooded where we normally park our camper, and all small streams and creeks anre filling up with this water also.

BIsmarck is suffering from this; many people are getting flooded out. BIsmarck is bulding a dam to protect most of the city from this ever happening again. THose who have built on land that was built up for home development are the ones that are really suffering. South Dakota is starting to feel this also at Pierre.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Dix

We are home and will be planting and working in the yard. Things we should have done before I went to England and Ireland last month. Getting ready to travel to Wisconsin and stopping to see kid and grands and great grands on the way home. OMG, it wears me out to think about it! Oh yeah, before that dh and I are delegates to our Oklahoma Methodist conference next week. Thank goodness it is in OKC this year instead of Tulsa!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:37 PM

I am marking quilting lines and sandwiching a full size to get ready to FMQ, in between reading the board that is.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:43 PM

I am making window coverings. I need to make a quick trip out for mount boards and miscellaneous hardware then it's sew, sew, sew.

I finally got rid of my "rent optional" tenant and can put the house up for sale and (hopefully) new window coverings will be a plus when shown.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:46 PM

My friend has had 4 brain surgerys since Easter, so I cooked for them. She got home on Friday. Praise God!!!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Power Poster

Today we just pumped the yard out for the fourth time this year, so i'hoping the predicted rain will be light. Supposed to be nice starting Monday...
Old 05-28-2011, 01:48 PM

we will be home. now waiting for my great neice and my great great nephew to come for a week or so. we are her rescue source and respite. I will have fun with the baby 2mnths with colic and acid reflux. but we will manage.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

I was going to do the dreaded yardwork, but it is raining again!
Old 05-28-2011, 02:04 PM

My son and a friend have come from NC for a quick week-end visit. Went to a local winery today and will have cook-out tonight and again tomorrow. Pool is getting warmer so will do a little water kickin'. Relaxing and enjoying.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:12 PM

We're at the beach with the kids. Its our annual tradition -eldest grandson's birthday weekend. We're in MA at the "other cape". Its wonderful - 85, cooler today and 88 on Monday is predicted. The kids are having a blast. We're off for some fish... MMMMM