Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
Missy - you'll be fine! :)

Another trick to make portions in restaurants smaller is to ask immediately for a take home box. When I get a plate, I cut everything in half. I immediately put half in the take home box, and eat all or some of what's on my plate.
Jennifer, I eat from a salad plate at home. My stomach has shrunk so much I can't clean my plate.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by leakus
I know it is too late to officially join but I can use the help to motivate myself to loose weight. I lost 50 pounds, it took me like 1 yr and that was 1 yr ago. I decided a couple of weeks ago that I will seriously start loosing weight again. I don't say diet because I've been in diets all my life and I have allways gained the weight back and more.
I am looking to eat better, more water and exercise. If I can do that I know I will loose weight.
I've learned that setting up small goals helps with the motivation. So I have the big goal and some in between:
My goal is 56 #
20 pounds by 8/15
5 pounds on June I think I can do

I am tired of wishing I could buy the clothes I see displayed at the mall and instead going to the racks or "women" "plus sizes" etc.

andrea
Welcome Andrea and best of luck! Glad you're here!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
small victory this morning! had to take my husband to the train and went past my very, very, most favorite, best bakery, not once, but twice.!
Every time you do this, you will get stronger and it will be a habit for you.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75
Good afternoon!

The girls and I spent the day shopping in the city yesterday. Came home to find out that my little town had been hit by Tornado Quality Winds and Rain. No damage besides some trees and a power line that knocked out the entire town's power. Hence, no power or computer until this morning. Power came back on this morning, then we lost cell and internet reception until just now.

I think I flunked on exercise, eating and water for the entire day. Still fighting off the flu. I am feeling better but still not make to normal.
deedee, glad that you weren't hurt in that storm. Hope you are feeling better.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:41 AM

Xylie, hate that about your step-daughter. I wish we could really know the truth about how our lifestyles affect our bodies. I think most of us would do everything possible to avoid such things.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:43 AM

Missy, your willingness to share your pain takes massive courage. You are right - people are indescribably cruel. The real person is on the inside - more than what is on the surface.

Thank you for your bravery.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
I'm still here :)
Life has its ups and downs, so I just pick myself up and dust myself off and start over again :)
ATTA GIRL!

(Is there any other choice?)

Welcome back!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Thusnelda
Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Had a somewhat bad day. Had to get up early to take DH to the airport. stopped to feed the kids at a crackerbarrel. Ate more then I should, but left more then half behind, so I still think that's a victory! Plus I've got my last two workouts with my trainer I was working with during the semester, so I know he'll make me work it off!
I can't imagine how difficult it is to follow a weight-loss programme when at the same time you have to provide the meals for a family. All of you in the same situation have my admiration. It makes me realize how much easier my own situation actually is.
My only "disadvantage" - and I wouldn't really call this a disadvantage :lol: - is my boyfriend who is a divine cook, and at the same time does such a lot of sports, weight-lifting exercise and hard work that he can eat absolutely everything without gaining any weight. I gained more than 20 pounds since I met him a little more than a year ago and sometimes feel utterly flabby beside his perfect body (imagine da Vinci's Vitruvian Man http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man and you get the idea).

Anyway, this topic really helps to get and keep me going and I decided to drop wine as drink (plus any other alcohol, of course) and only allow myself some when we have guests or are invited.
If I ate DHs cooking, I'd gain 10# by the weekend. Cheese, butter, sauce, cream,,,,,,,,,,,you name it!

He doesn't like my cooking - too bland.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws

I weight in this morning, am down once again. I have lost 6 lbs so far this month. I am excited. I will now have to pick up and increase the exercise in my daily routine.

Have a blessed day.
Cindy

WOW! What a great start. Good for you!
Old 06-06-2011, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by deedee75

Yesterday, I was so overdosed on coughdrops that I had no appetite for anything. I pretty much had coughdrops and water for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
I know of people who pop a coughdrop when they get hungry or the munchies.