Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Good Fortune >

Good Fortune

Good Fortune

Old 07-02-2011, 09:50 PM

Thank-you so much for the prayers for my sister, and for letting me know about your daughter, that's wonderful news, I'm saying prayers for her that she continues to do well.

Originally Posted by JuBee
Praying for your sister. A note of encouragement... My darling daughter was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February 2008. She has been on chemo treatments since 3/08 and her last PET scan done 6/28/11 showed no growth of the cancer. We are giving thanks to God our Father, all who continue to pray for her, and the wonderful doctors and staff who care for her.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:53 PM

Thank-you so much for the prayers, we will take all the prayers we can get, it definaley is a tough one, but we are staying positive that she will get through this, and be around for many more years to come.

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
That will certainly make her feel loved. It's very cheerful.
This will be a difficult time for your family and you will be in my prayers.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:57 PM

Thank-you all for the kind words and thoughts and prayers for my sister and our family, it's been tough news to hear, but we are staying positive that she will get through this, and it really helps to hear of others that have been through this type of cancer and other cancers and survived and doing well, definatley helps give us more hope.
God Bless you all.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:00 PM

Thank-you, and I'm so sorry to hear about both you and your husband, that must have been an awful blow, but so good that you are both doing well now. Take care

Originally Posted by RuthEm
What a beautiful quilt and surely will be appreciated by your dear sister....will pray for her daily!! I'm a 10 yr cancer survivor and my husband the same ( We were diagnosed 1 week apart) What a double Whammy!! Both doing well now. Hugs to you!!
Old 07-02-2011, 10:02 PM

Thank-you I will keep you posted on her progress etc. Thanks for the prayers also.

Originally Posted by greaterexp
What a stunning quilt! We'll be praying for your sister. Keep us posted on her progress and how you are doing.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:05 PM

So sorry to hear about your cousin, it is definatly a shock to hear, praying that your cousin does well also.

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
Best wishes, and prayers., My cousin was diagnosed with breat cancer last month (first in our family), I made her a lap quilt and she calls it the *hug quilt*. She is in St. Louis and I am in Houston. Praying that your quilt will be her *hug quilt* too.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:09 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom, it is so hard to hear the words cancer, such and awful disease.
My sister was almost not going to take treatments, but she decided to take them and hopefully they will help.
Saying a prayer for your Mom and praying for her, take care and safe travels to you.

Originally Posted by marlene tarzwell
Hi there!!Love the quilt. Prayers for your family. We just found out last Sun. that my mom slow progressive leukemia cause her to wake up blind and then after blood work found it had slammed her with vengeance and they put right into Hospice. She is 85 so it is rough and she doesn't want any treatments. She sewed all her life. Especially with 6 kids. Myself and 5 boys, WHEW!!! We are in SC and she is in Northern Mi. We will leave soon. God bless her and keep her in his hands and heal her. Take Care
Old 07-02-2011, 10:15 PM

I'm so sorry for your families loss, it is such a horrible disease, I pray that they find a cure soon.
I'm also saying some prayers for all cancer patients. I've lost a very good friend to cancer and my cousins wife and my father-in-law, and some relatives of my Mom's have also passed away from cancer. There are so many people with cancer, it's unbelivable, every few months I hear of someone else that has cancer... when will it end!

Originally Posted by smagruder
Beautiful quilt. So sorry to hear of the cancer. My family also expects heart attacks but one brother and one sister have died of cancer along with one brother in law. Prayers going up for all cancer patients.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:17 PM

Aaawww thank-you...your are too kind.

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
Beautiful quilt and you are a beautiful sister!~
Old 07-02-2011, 10:32 PM

Yes that is the pattern. It is actually a Quilt Store Promotoin called Stash Pot Pie, each month we get a new pattern and we are supposed to use fabrics from our stash to make the quilt, so far I've made 3 quilts and all the fabric I used was from my stash, except for the border on this one, and of course the backing.

Yes, my sister was having alot of severe lower back pain, and was doctoring for a couple of months for that reason and also she wasn't feeling well, they did a lot of tests but nothing was showing up, then they decided to do a CT Scan, and that's when they found the tumor on her pancreas, they can't remove it because right now without damaging some vital organs, they did a biposy and found out that it was cancerous. That was in mid June, she started treatments around the 15th for 2 weeks and she is home for 10 days and then back for another 2 weeks of treatments, then they will do another CT Scan to see if the tumor is shrinking and if so they will remove it as soon as they can do so safely. So far there is no cancer showing up in any blood work and nothing in the lymph nodes, so hopefully that is a good sign that she will get through this ok.

Originally Posted by Kitsie
Really like that pattern! So sorry for your sister, I hear that pancreatic is a very painful cancer and I wish her the best. Thoughts with her! :wink: ;) ;-)

Is the pattern a published one or did you design it?

Is this the one?
http://shop.countrythreads.com/produ...&cat=16&page=1