Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED >

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

August Secret Pal Swap CLOSED

Old 08-29-2011, 01:38 PM

I received my package from Lori and it was great, couple old magazines I had never seen before, can't wait till evening when I can sit and look through them... Will put some pictures up this evening... Thanks Lori
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM

I recieved an awesome parcel from one of my August Swap partners today ... I dont know her board name but her name is Joyce Miller. Joyce I hope you see this.

I received a pair of scissors, Easy quilt magazine, 3 fat quarters in my favorite colors .. black with white polka dots, red with with stars and a varigated blue color. I also recieved a piece of ... not sure how to describe it but it is very very nice.

I recieved to panels that have the instructions right on them both ... one to make a Harvest Turkey ... which I cant wait to make to put on my table for Thanksgiving Dinner and also one of a Country Angel ... which will go really nice in my antique living room when finished.

Also in my box was 2 homemade pot holders made out of jean material ... I so love homemade items ... which will hang on my wall in my kitchen as I am in the process of redoing my kitchen in pale yellow and blue ... They will look fabulous hanging on my pale yellow wall.

Thank you Joyce for the awesome swap package. You made it worth the wait.

I will post a picture later this evening. Thanks again!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 03:48 PM

I know my package is on the way so i wait in anticipation every day to see if the postie delivers a package for me, it should be here soon. I've just signed up for September so am going to start getting my package sorted ready to go. I have a basket full of things to choose from and once I know who it is will make a thing or two to send. Will sit by the window (way too cold to sit outside on a bench) and go through my basket whilst keeping an eye out for the postman. Is anyone else still waiting?

Eileen
Old 08-29-2011, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter
I know my package is on the way so i wait in anticipation every day to see if the postie delivers a package for me, it should be here soon. I've just signed up for September so am going to start getting my package sorted ready to go. I have a basket full of things to choose from and once I know who it is will make a thing or two to send. Will sit by the window (way too cold to sit outside on a bench) and go through my basket whilst keeping an eye out for the postman. Is anyone else still waiting?

Eileen
Yes, there are still a few waiting with you, and we are glad you are staying warm inside. What is your temperature?
Also, for those waiting, there are still watchers to check out more goodies, and get lots more ideas. :mrgreen:
Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM

Anyone in Ohio still sitting on the bench? Take a little break tomorrow (Tuesday) and then watch for the mailman on Wednesday!
Old 08-29-2011, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by cannyquilter

Eileen
I'm still waiting very patiently!! Lori said my package is coming from very far away!! So I can wait patiently a little longer!!
Old 08-29-2011, 06:41 PM

I too am still on the bench but Lori said it was on it's way and I beleive her!!! MIL is back from hospital and nursing home stay--so the work is on!!! Take DH to dr Wed to schedual his fusion surgery so will soon have 2 babies to take care of not counting the 5 new puppies that are just opening their eyes!!! Yes I'm a gultten for punishment!!! I'll bring mint Milno cookies to share on the bench!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 07:29 PM

Sonetimes in our guild we just add extra strips to frame the block to make it larger, but multiple strips added like little borders also looks good. My favorite is taking a small block and adding triangles to each side, it will look like a square in a square block and much more interesting
Old 08-29-2011, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by mtquilter09
I too am still on the bench but Lori said it was on it's way and I beleive her!!! MIL is back from hospital and nursing home stay--so the work is on!!! Take DH to dr Wed to schedual his fusion surgery so will soon have 2 babies to take care of not counting the 5 new puppies that are just opening their eyes!!! Yes I'm a gultten for punishment!!! I'll bring mint Milno cookies to share on the bench!!!
I wanna see the puppies!
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 PM

I got my squishy today from pennyj123 and it is awesome! Boy did she have me pegged. Lots of . . . PINK! I got 3 yummy FQs and a pink silky scarf with a pattern to embroider on it. She made me a really neat pincushion, and sent me a pattern to make a different one for myself (or maybe a future swap partner). She collects can cozies and sent me one with the Australian flag on it, perfect for a Pepsi addict. She also included a really cute triangular highlighter, each corner has a different color. And I actually managed to get a picture BEFORE I opened the M&Ms, aren't you all amazed! Thanks again Penny - great squishy!!! :-D :-D :-D

Isn't this fabric neat! It is actually not quite this bright, more of a dusty color.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]248876[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-248869.jpe   attachment-248870.jpe