Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bummed about my CL purchase:< >

Bummed about my CL purchase:<

Bummed about my CL purchase:<

Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
OMG. I e-mailed the seller again this morning and received this...

"No he riped u off, he wasn't going to look for u in the first place. I'm no longer with him anymore but here is his number xxxxxxxxx u can text him. The sewing machine wasn't his in the first place, its his moms and he sold it to u when she was in the hospital. Please don't email me anymore. Thanks."

So, the seller stole it from his mother and sold it to me. I'm so sad for his mother. And this guy was very nice to me, shook my hand, told me if I had any problems with it to contact him. etc. etc. This is a big lesson learned for me about how disgusting people are!

I e-mailed the girlfriend back and told her I wouldn't be contacting her again. But, that if the mother wants her machine back she can e-mail me about it. Just terrible...
I don't know who is telling the truth here. Could be a vengeful ex-girlfriend, could be the seller trying to get you off his case, could be the truth.

I'm sorry you were partially ripped off but I'm almost hoping the above story was a big lie. It aches my heart to think of a woman in the hospital while things important to her are being sold off behind her back.

I hope you can find a reasonably priced bobbin case.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by MsEithne
OMG. I e-mailed the seller again this morning and received this...

"No he riped u off, he wasn't going to look for u in the first place. I'm no longer with him anymore but here is his number xxxxxxxxx u can text him. The sewing machine wasn't his in the first place, its his moms and he sold it to u when she was in the hospital. Please don't email me anymore. Thanks."

So, the seller stole it from his mother and sold it to me. I'm so sad for his mother. And this guy was very nice to me, shook my hand, told me if I had any problems with it to contact him. etc. etc. This is a big lesson learned for me about how disgusting people are!

I e-mailed the girlfriend back and told her I wouldn't be contacting her again. But, that if the mother wants her machine back she can e-mail me about it. Just terrible...
I don't know who is telling the truth here. Could be a vengeful ex-girlfriend, could be the seller trying to get you off his case, could be the truth.

I'm sorry you were partially ripped off but I'm almost hoping the above story was a big lie. It aches my heart to think of a woman in the hospital while things important to her are being sold off behind her back.

I hope you can find a reasonably priced bobbin case.
Yes. It very well may be a huge story made up by the g.f. as these kind of people lie as easily as they breathe. And rather weird she'd break up with him the same exact day of the purchase. I hope you're right and there isn't some poor woman getting robbed by her son.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:52 AM

Yay...I found and purchased a bobbin case this morning http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2385wt_1001

:> Hope I can get it up and sewing soon!!! I was going to wait a bit, but the machine is calling to me.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:01 AM

I have another question. The "feet" on the bottom of my machine are like a filled in epoxy. I thought they were supposed to be like rubber donuts? I see replacements for them on sale via ebay. I'm thinking a prior owner didn't want to keep replacing them and filled in the feet area with some concoction? It is easy to scratch it out, if I want to do that. Just wondering if this was a common thing to do?
I have gotten several machines with that kind of gunk there. In my experience I was able to just pry it out. Do the rubber feet really wear out that fast. I have some on order to replace these.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:03 PM

Yay...I found and purchased a bobbin case this morning http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_2385wt_1001

:> Hope I can get it up and sewing soon!!! I was going to wait a bit, but the machine is calling to me.
Congrats. :thumbup: Sure hope this one works out for you well. Please let us know.

Thanks,
Old 07-27-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
I have another question. The "feet" on the bottom of my machine are like a filled in epoxy. I thought they were supposed to be like rubber donuts? I see replacements for them on sale via ebay. I'm thinking a prior owner didn't want to keep replacing them and filled in the feet area with some concoction? It is easy to scratch it out, if I want to do that. Just wondering if this was a common thing to do?
I have gotten several machines with that kind of gunk there. In my experience I was able to just pry it out. Do the rubber feet really wear out that fast. I have some on order to replace these.
I bought new rubber cushions via ebay today.

:thumbup:
Old 07-27-2011, 09:30 PM

Oh, how exciting! I can't wait to read that your new machine is purring right along for you.