Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Bummed about my CL purchase:< >

Bummed about my CL purchase:<

Bummed about my CL purchase:<

Old 07-24-2011, 02:52 PM

Why are a lot of machines that are used, are missing their bobbins?? That's as crazy as missing the foot pedal. What good is the bobbin without the machine?? Mmmmmm another mystery.
Old 07-24-2011, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Sandra in Minnesota
Why are a lot of machines that are used, are missing their bobbins?? That's as crazy as missing the foot pedal. What good is the bobbin without the machine?? Mmmmmm another mystery.
Because these machines are over 50 years old and things get separated and lost. And the bobbins are interchangeable with Featherweights, which are more valuable. So, if anyone wants a working Featherweight they take the bobbin case from a 301.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 PM

Perhaps is was not firmly seated in the machine and it fell off in their car or their home -- it might be found.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Aurora
Perhaps is was not firmly seated in the machine and it fell off in their car or their home -- it might be found.
No....read my prior postings...the machine was basically stolen from the mother:
Old 07-24-2011, 03:38 PM

I sure hope he gets what he deserves. What a total piece of garbage that young man is. I can only imagine how you must be feeling knowing how he treated you and his mom.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:49 PM

Candace
I have to scrape them out frequently on the Featherweights that I service. There is a screw in each of the rubber feet. Once you get all of the old rubber piece out; take the screw out and install the new bed cushion, put the screw back in and tighten it.
Make sure that you get it all out or the new one won't fit right. The link below is where I get things like that for the Featherweights.

www.221parts.com

Sharon W.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Candace
I have to scrape them out frequently on the Featherweights that I service. There is a screw in each of the rubber feet. Once you get all of the old rubber piece out; take the screw out and install the new bed cushion, put the screw back in and tighten it.
Make sure that you get it all out or the new one won't fit right. The link below is where I get things like that for the Featherweights.

www.221parts.com

Sharon W.
Thanks, will do!
Old 07-24-2011, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Debbie C
I sure hope he gets what he deserves. What a total piece of garbage that young man is. I can only imagine how you must be feeling knowing how he treated you and his mom.
Yes and I'm hoping karma finds him. It's bad enough to be dishonest when selling something. Quite another to steal from your sick mother when she's in the hospital. If it were me, I'd prefer to never leave the hospital rather than find out what my son was doing to me while I was away:
Old 07-24-2011, 07:43 PM

Bobbin cases are expensive. My LQS suggested that if you have your machine at a shop for classes that if you leave the are for a time to take you bobbin case with you as several have come up missing (especially for the Singer Feather Weights. I was shocked.
Old 07-24-2011, 07:47 PM

bit of a side note here.

Was advised that if I take my 301 to a class, to remove the bobbin case if I walk away from the machine. They've been known to grow feet. (sad, I know)