Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Walmart Fabric Update >

Walmart Fabric Update

Walmart Fabric Update

Old 07-29-2011, 07:18 AM

If you can't find anyone to cut your fabric, take out your cellphone and call the store. They will page someone for you. How do I know? I answer the phone for my local WM and customers who can't locate anyone gives me a call. Our WM will be getting their fabric back but I don't know when.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:28 AM

The one Wal-Mart that had fabric that I go to in Franklin TN did get their bolt fabric back but the department is smaller. Has anyone else seen this phenonenom? After the remodel, this Wal-Mart got, in addition to bolt fabric, the precuts (charms, strips, fat quarters). One visit they were full price and the next visit, they were clearing them out. I got some good bargains which I haven't had a chance to use due to my surgery but I thought it was really weird.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:36 AM

Well this topic has been of much interests to those that have shopped at Walmart for fabric, lost it, and Walmart lost their patronage. I have talked with supervisers at out local small rural town Walmart,their suggestion is to call
1-800-WALMART.......go to customer service.....and tell them your wishes and why. Make sure you have your store number when you call. I called my local wm first and got it. My store told me it is important to keep calling the main number, and to ask for return of bolt fabric not cut. Hope this will benefit some of us. Good luck to us all.........
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM

I think it is a good thing that Walmarts are getting back into fabrics. I have a Walmart i/2 mile from me and it is new and never had fabric. Our other Walmart is at least 5 miles from me and had a very good fabric dept. I think
it would be benificial to me to drive the 5 miles to get a bargain.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:49 AM

I think I would email them and see how quick the bell gets put back. I emailed Hancocks about a problem that I had had and the general manager called me, so they do listen and I'll bet Walmart will too.

Happy Quilting!
Melinda

Originally Posted by Joeysnana
Our WM also got lots of bolts of fabric back, but the last 3 times I went to check it out, no one was around to cut it for me. They even removed the bell that you could ring to summon assistance. I give up!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:50 AM

I think I would email them and see how quick the bell gets put back. I emailed Hancocks about a problem that I had had and the general manager called me, so they do listen and I'll bet Walmart will too.

Happy Quilting!
Melinda

Originally Posted by Joeysnana
Our WM also got lots of bolts of fabric back, but the last 3 times I went to check it out, no one was around to cut it for me. They even removed the bell that you could ring to summon assistance. I give up!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:51 AM

Because of our weak dollar compared to other countries and the fact that in the global market we are no longer the biggest trading partner, prices of cotton are expected to double this year. I've already seen significant increases at my JoAnns in Florida and Mary Jo's Fabric shop in North Carolina, two of my favorite fabric & notion stores. The cost of many things has gone up significantly so manufacturers are responding by having to raise prices or make the fabric less robust. Fact of our times. My local WalMart has fabric now. A welcome return!
Old 07-29-2011, 09:50 AM

The WM in Pineville LA isgetting bolt fabric back, too. I was there 2 days ago and got soooooo excited. Also, if you're in this area, they've marked their kits (ie soft baby book panels, aprons,doll clothes, etc) to 75% off just to make more room for fabric.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:00 AM

My local WalMart took out the fabric section when it remodeled from a regular store to a Super Center. Wonder what all of this means for me?????
Old 07-29-2011, 10:14 AM

Bah, humbug! The fabrics were taken away in all the Walmarts in our area! We all were so mad! They are the only fabric store for miles around. And their prices were reasonable.
I hope the lady was right and we get our sewing departments back! Thanks for your news!