Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do? >

Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do?

Anyone really dislikes to exercise as much as I do?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

I have to make myself go to the gym. I know I have to, I know it's good for me, I know I know I know. Why do I dislike it so much? I find it's boring, not something I want to do and have to make myself finish my routine once I start it The gym has all the new machines, it's nice, cool, and clean. I've tried Ipods, books on tape, watching tv, watching others (sometime entertaining) but I truly really do not like exercising at all. :P :P :P :P :P :P
What do you do to make exercising nothing to dread?
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 AM

I meet a friend there every M through F. Some days I only go because I don't want to call her and tell her I'm not going!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:31 AM

It has to be so fun I don't realize I'm exercising or sweating. don't like sweat either. I wouldn't be as fluffy as I am know if I was on better terms with exercising myself.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM

If you find out, PLEASE P.M. ME!!!
The only exercise I love is chasing around the grandkids!
Old 08-09-2011, 11:32 AM
bj

Read a good book instead? I don't like to exercise either, and I pretty much don't. That's why I'm so fluffy! :O)
Old 08-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

I hate to exercise too.:( I do best if I have a walking partner or someone to encourages me to get it done. For a while 5 of us would carpool to do water exercise. The excuse I used to quit doing this was it was an hour to get there, an hour to get home and an hour for the class. This really takes up a lot of time. The class was 25 miles from home. So, I now do nothing! I guess I'm no help....sorry:(
Old 08-09-2011, 11:39 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I have a 'workout' area.. I have the machines there to run, bike and climb, lift and bounce at my every whim.. Not to mention a big screen tv, DirectTV, dvr and a million dvds & blue rays... I have yet to find a reason good enough to exercise.. and not be being a size 2 is not one of them.. Id rather be sewing.. SO if you find one let me know..
Old 08-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Well, I sometimes find the gym a bit boring too, but I go anyway.

Some "more fun" exercise ideas:
At home, I'll take a deck of cards (probably one or two missing) and deliberately throw it on the floor during commercials while watching tv, and make sure that I stand up, bend down stand and pick each one up individually. :) That works - lost about 2 inches that way (took a few months!!)

put laundry (it's gotta be done anyway - right??) in different areas. All clean clothes come out of the dryer and go on the kitchen table in a big pile. Then I fold one, walk it into the dining room and make another pile, mine, DH's, DD's, kitchen towels, etc. Then, put away.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Power Poster

I don't like being overweight, too many health issues pop up being overweight so I know I have to exercise. I eat less when I exercise! DH works out four days a week an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon and loves it. He has access to his company gym. I think he loves it because he gets out of work for two hours a day. Anything is better then work. LOL.

Off to the gym.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by bj
Read a good book instead? I don't like to exercise either, and I pretty much don't. That's why I'm so fluffy! :O)
That's me too.