just a warning....

Old 08-25-2011, 08:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up, and please tell your sister she has nothing to be ashamed of...nothing!! The people that treat her different need to be educated...and learn some manners...sending her a cyber hug...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:45 PM

I went to Goodwill one day when I had my grandson visiting for the summer. I found him a couple of shorts and t-shirts, and I found a nice leather black purse, well known brand. The lady put it all in one bag. So we went to eat afterwards, went to do other things, so on the way home I told him everything has to be washed and dried that we get at Goodwill. And I explained about the bugs etc. So we get home, I start the washer and he dumps the bag of things in. I go to get it out of the washer to put in the dryer, and there is my purse. I had forgotten about even getting it. Well It came out beautiful, so I hung it up to dry, thinking well the leather will be ruined. Oh no, dried up great, we got a chuckle out of that. I wouldn't have washed the purse and who knows what could have been in it. So glad it got put in the washer after all. He ask me the other day had I used my purse. I told him I was waiting till winter time, since it was black...He will probably remember this story.. He's eleven..
Old 08-25-2011, 08:47 PM

Bless her heart. Tell her that inspite of this problem that she is a good person and those who judge others by circumstances had better re think their thoughts.

Hugs and prayers for her.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 PM

I'm always on the lookout for bedbugs.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 PM

Thats terrible.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:47 PM

I feel for your sister. Never had bedbugs, but when I was younger I got headlice (I almost want to say I got it twice). Which that in itself is horrible. But I remember after my headlice had cleared up I stayed with my grandma (who's more like a bad MIL than a grandma) and some other relatives at this beach house. A few days after leaving the beach house it was discovered one of the other kids had headlice. And immediatly my grandma thought "Well, she MUST have gotten it from Samantha!" and didn't even consider the idea that this kid got it elsewhere, possibly before staying at the beach house. I felt so horrible!
Old 08-26-2011, 02:34 AM

This happened to someone I know...son brought home a mattress and she ended up spending thousands getting rid of the bugs, replacing furniture, etc.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:06 AM

They had on the news about these nasty bugs....that the average house can NOT kill the bugs, as our hot water and our dryer cycle does not get hot enough for a long enough spell to kill them. So thats why, a person HAS to call in help to get rid of these nasty things. So even just us buying fabric and washing it..will not kill bedbugs (or the larva) from the fabric.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:08 AM

Gee what a drag. This happened to my sister in law. She bought a sheep skin at Goodwill and it was infested with fleas. I know, I know your thinking a sheep skin? Well those little critters were difficult to get rid of.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:19 AM

Story to be told of BIG BUGS.DH was stationed in a state close by. I thought I would drive there for the week end.Got there on Friday night. We went to bed,got up in the morning my right side had all these red spots.I was thinking that I ate something the night before. Nope it was BED BUGS in the room. I was so mad. We took everything we owned to a laundry mat.We ended up throwing all suit cases in the dumpser. We were told that they get in everything.We went to Bed Bath Beyond bought this spray. WE got back the out room and striped everything out in the hall was.Sprayed the h--- out of the room. you name it we sprayed it. Draws,pictures.under the bed and floor,Used the whole bottle up.The manger came down to our room after they seen everything in the hall way.We told the day girl what was going on.She didn't call the manger at all.The maids came in and changed the room for us. End of story he went to the base got a room,I went home. Before I came in house I striped everything off at the washer(in our garage). You tell your sister that we feel her pain.Praying everything works out for her.Hugs to you and her.