Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
seeking pics for Cut Work patterns >

seeking pics for Cut Work patterns

seeking pics for Cut Work patterns

Old 08-30-2011, 09:49 AM

I don't know if you have seen the thread:
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-147529-1.htm

I am in the process of writing a book on what I used to call Stained Glass Portraits, but am now calling Cut Work Portraits.

The book will include "how to" and some generic patterns that would appeal to a wide audience.

I know I have seen several threads: "look what I saw out my window", and there are some deer nibbling on the bushes, or a bear trying to reach the bird feeder, or some beautiful flowers.

Anyway, I want some of those pics that YOU have taken, to be included in my book. I cannot use professional photos, or those taken by others as there may be issues of copyright infringement. But, if YOU have taken the pic, we know there is no copyright (unless of course you did one, but should know if you did - right? ;-)

If you have a pic that you think would work, please attach it here. I will check this thread every so often, and see if there is something I think would work. Then, I will contact you to get permission to use it and ask if there is a larger digital copy available.

If I do use one of your pics, I will send you a copy of the pattern I create from it.

What type of pic would work? Well, we want the main subject (child, deer, bear, flower, etc) to be large in the pic. The pic should be clear so it is easy to create a pattern. The contrast and lighting should be such that it is easy to distinguish the leg from the body or the sleeve from the shirt front. It should not have so exteme much detail that it is hard to pick out the subject.

Any ideas? Let me see your pics.

Finally, if you have made a quilt using my technique, please shoot me a PM to the link so I can see it. I have added a Customer Gallery page to my blog, and would love to post your quilt there (with your permisssion, and credits given to you, of course).
Old 08-30-2011, 11:12 AM

Something like this?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249065.jpe  
Old 08-30-2011, 11:16 AM

these are the ones I am hoping to work with on my own. I would love go try a floral pattern too.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249066.jpe   attachment-249067.jpe   attachment-249072.jpe  
Old 08-30-2011, 11:20 AM

Or perhaps these:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-249068.jpe   attachment-249069.jpe   attachment-249070.jpe   attachment-249071.jpe  
Old 09-16-2011, 09:43 AM

I am sending 3 pictures is this anything like you would want. You have my permission to use my photos
Attached Thumbnails attachment-257499.jpe   attachment-257500.jpe   attachment-257501.jpe  
Old 09-16-2011, 09:53 AM

I have a lot of flower pictures some that I have put several flowers into one picture