Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
can we find her... >

can we find her...

can we find her...

Old 09-10-2011, 08:31 AM

I would want it back if it was not wanted by the person it was originally given to. the person selling it had no idea who it was, so no way of knowing how he got it. let's hope for the best.

Originally Posted by Willa
If she lost this quilt it would be neat if she got it back, but if she gave it to someone.....I was thinking what if I gave it to someone only to find out they put it on a sale for $1. I would rather not find that out as that would really hurt. Just a thought.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:33 AM

have e mailed church. will post answer.

Originally Posted by Normacharlie
You could start by locating the church and writing a letter to them, if she was a member they should have her name. If the church is closed, there may be a problem!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:36 AM

definately not worthless. in fact I have become quite attached to it. will look into some other places.

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
Have you heard yet, is this the lady your looking for? I don't think the quilt is worthless just because the price was only a dollar. It could mean the gentleman just didn't have a clue, or just wanted to get rid of stuff real quick.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Power Poster

Funny that the name martha is the lady in the bible who was always working and serving others in need. And the last name doracas is the name of the group of ladies who work doing the same in our church.

What is astounding is that she was from marysville ... Mary, martha's sister in the bible??
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM

Yesterday I was in a car (a passanger) on the Cross Island Expressway in Queens NY during evening rush hour. I suddenly saw a quilt on the side of the highway.....soaked in the rain. The colors were beautiful, but traffic was going quite rapidly and there was no place to stop.

I keep wondering how the quilt was lost, and if someone managed to get it when the traffic had lessened. How sad to lose a quilt like that!

Our guild had someone from the Smithsonian visit and talked about saving quilts. She said too many quilters never put a label on their quilts. It should have your name, the name of the quilt, address of where it was made (State, town), year made, and if it was made for someone + another notes that people in the future should know about the quilt.
If you've spent time making it.........label it!

It would be fun to find that lady.....but if she is alive, don't tell her that it sold for $1.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:41 AM

WWW.WHITEPAGES.COM SHOWS A MICHAEL DORCAS, 87 YEARS OLD, IN NEARBY LYNWOOD, WA......GOOD LUCK!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:44 AM

Wonderful idea! Good luck.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:46 AM

I went to a site suggested on here and found a quilting group at the church. sent a request for info. I think Martha Dorcas may be the name of the group. As they stated they were learning to quilt at Martha Dorcas in the church. Gave them my email and explained what I was looking for. thanks to all for all the suggestions.

Originally Posted by Debbie C
WWW.WHITEPAGES.COM SHOWS A MICHAEL DORCAS, 87 YEARS OLD, IN NEARBY LYNWOOD, WA......GOOD LUCK!!
Old 09-10-2011, 08:48 AM

think that mlight be what this name is about. contacting the group now.

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
Funny that the name martha is the lady in the bible who was always working and serving others in need. And the last name doracas is the name of the group of ladies who work doing the same in our church.

What is astounding is that she was from marysville ... Mary, martha's sister in the bible??
Old 09-10-2011, 08:50 AM

that is true, he was quite young.

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
Have you heard yet, is this the lady your looking for? I don't think the quilt is worthless just because the price was only a dollar. It could mean the gentleman just didn't have a clue, or just wanted to get rid of stuff real quick.