Offlite lamps >

Offlite lamps

Offlite lamps

Old 10-15-2011, 06:11 AM

Yes they are worth the money!!!! I love mine!!!! :P :P :P
Old 10-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by It'sJustMe
I use GE's "reveal 100" regular bulbs in my work lamps. They are a full-spectrum bulb. Never used an OttLite, but think these must be similar because my mature eyes say Yesss! to these affordable babies.............which reminds me, must stock up on these before they're OUTLAWED in (is it?) 2012.
I have tried the Reveal bulbs and didn't care for them at all. They burn out too fast for the cost. They are bright but too glaring, no where near the clearness of the OTT light. I can see black stitches on black fabric with the OTT light.

I think the law is bulbs 100 watts and over will not be sold. So no regular bulbs in that wattage at all and the new 100 watt bulbs to be available I read in an article will be very expensive . I stocked up on the regular 3 way bulbs. No way I can keep all I need though. I think Texas has said no, the state won't outlaw the bulbs. Way to go Texas!!!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Originally Posted by It'sJustMe
I use GE's "reveal 100" regular bulbs in my work lamps. They are a full-spectrum bulb. Never used an OttLite, but think these must be similar because my mature eyes say Yesss! to these affordable babies.............which reminds me, must stock up on these before they're OUTLAWED in (is it?) 2012.
I have tried the Reveal bulbs and didn't care for them at all. They burn out too fast for the cost. They are bright but too glaring, no where near the clearness of the OTT light. I can see black stitches on black fabric with the OTT light.

I think the law is bulbs 100 watts and over will not be sold. So no regular bulbs in that wattage at all and the new 100 watt bulbs to be available I read in an article will be very expensive . I stocked up on the regular 3 way bulbs. No way I can keep all I need though. I think Texas has said no, the state won't outlaw the bulbs. Way to go Texas!!!!!
Interesting on your evaluation and specifics of the law. Thanks!
Old 10-15-2011, 06:39 AM

I have a floor model with adjustable neck. Love the light it provides! Daughter found it at a huge discount at Odd Lots.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:07 AM

I bought an architects lamp at Walmart many years ago - before I heard of Ott Lites. It's great and was only about $25 (at the time.) I also have one from Joann's that is a desk Ott Lite - got it 1/2 price and it was more of a deco type lamp shade. Much more attractive than most they show now, but it too works great. I would never get a lamp that I couldn't adjust the angle.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by schoolteacher
Are the Offlite lamps that I see in Joannes worth the money? Do they require any special bulb that is only replaceable at Joannes? Are other lamps that one might find in Walmart, etc. the same quality?
I bought my daylight lamp at Home Depot for under $20. I've had it 3 or 4 years and am still using the original bulb. The floor lamp is more like $40. I use one by my chair for reading.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:43 AM

I have the Ott floor lamp and the desk lamp and love them both. Take the foldable desk lamp to retreats as there is never enough light. The floor lamp I keep beside my sewing machine desk and use it on cloudy days or in the evenings to concentrate the light. Bought them years ago with JoAnn coupons and have yet to replace the bulbs.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:53 AM

My original Ottlite is over 9 yrs. old and has the same bulb.
I have found numerous Ott lamps at estate sales, yard sales and my favorite thrift stores. One floor lamp I purchased at an estate sale, $6.00 and the table size, $2.00! JoAnn's has a great compact size I can travel with, it fits in my purse and I use it on the train, guest bedrooms, classes, waiting rooms, and is battery operated, with my JoAnns coupon, $5.00! (orig. $10.)
Love the fact that working with these great lamps, there is no uncomfortable heat nor glare from the bulb, colors show true.
Guess I love my Ott's! Only once did I replace a bulb, and found it at Home Depot hardware store, paid $4.00. Enjoy.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:07 AM

I brought my Ott floor lamp on Ebay for about 50% of what Joann's charged. I've had it for 4 years & never replaced the bulb. I love how it lights up the area & I can adjust the goose neck if I need it closer to my work
Old 10-15-2011, 08:54 AM

BlueMax Full Spectrum lights.
Has anyone had any experience with this brand?