Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 >

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012

Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 AM

I bought a white on just barely off white for my sashing. I am using civil war reproductions that I got from an exchange on here. I think I have about 70 different fabrics. Will buy more as needed. I plan on trying to do the around the world setting. I am waiting on my software. I am planning on enlarging it to make it queen sized so I can use it on my bed.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:37 AM

My lost books and CD........lI found them, I found them!!!! YEA!!!! Oh, fooey, I forgot about my rulers! Now where did I put them................ hmmmmmmmmmmm.

Jacquie: I LOVE your blocks!!!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 01-03-2012, 06:58 AM

If you're interested in looking at pictures of blocks and completed quilts here are the flickr groups that involve Dear Jane:
Contemporary Jane
Dear Jane Meets the Anticiclone
Dear Jane Quilts
The Dear Jane Project
That Quilt
You can just go to flickr and type in the group name in the search box. There are so many ideas!
Old 01-03-2012, 06:59 AM

hi, i don't wish to bore you, but i've added another 2 to my collection...

warning!! these blocks are VERY addictive!!!!
Attached Thumbnails first-9.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by katybob View Post
Losie, I love yellow, too. The Kona cotton is for the sashing and background, right? What colors are you using in your blocks?
I am doing a trip around the world with 1930s style fabrics. I have pink, pink & lavender, light green, dark green, brown, light blue, dark blue, lavender, red, orange, maroon, purple, aqua, & turquoise. The pastels will be the dominate colors with the darker colors for contrast. It looks pretty on my Dear Jane software; I just hope it works on the real thing.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
I am doing a trip around the world with 1930s style fabrics. I have pink, pink & lavender, light green, dark green, brown, light blue, dark blue, lavender, red, orange, maroon, purple, aqua, & turquoise. The pastels will be the dominate colors with the darker colors for contrast. It looks pretty on my Dear Jane software; I just hope it works on the real thing.
I'm using pastels, too, and having a harder time finding them than I thought I would. I've got loads of pink, blue, and green, but soft purples and yellows seem to be scarce. The key word is "soft" -- there are lots of bright purples, but I'm trying to keep it kind of shabby chic.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by katybob View Post
I'm using pastels, too, and having a harder time finding them than I thought I would. I've got loads of pink, blue, and green, but soft purples and yellows seem to be scarce. The key word is "soft" -- there are lots of bright purples, but I'm trying to keep it kind of shabby chic.

Try shopping Shabbyfabrics.com. This is thier niche and they have a search by color feature. Never purchased, just admired.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by NDQuilts View Post
Try shopping Shabbyfabrics.com. This is thier niche and they have a search by color feature. Never purchased, just admired.
That's a great site - thank you. Kind of expensive for me, but I'd love to know if others have ordered from them. The service may be worth the extra $$$.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:25 AM

Jacquie your blocks are beautiful. I love the colors. These blocks are addicting. But I have a feeling that as time marches on, that my interest will wan and I won't be doing as many. I have all of row A done and all of the blocks done for this group up to the first break and then 1/2 of B done. I am not a real overachiever because I know that other things will pop up and I will get side tracked and then I will be right where I should be......behind. lol. I have decided to QAYG so now I have to go back and do that. But to decide how to quilt each block. Wow that is going to be a little interesting. I love all the sites people have posted here. I am so glad that I found this place.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 AM

OH I do have a question. I forgot. When you QAYG how big do you cut the batting. I am making the 4 1/2 squares. Do I make a 5", 5 1/2" or 6" square batting???????