Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about Connecting Threads >

Question about Connecting Threads

Question about Connecting Threads

Old 10-28-2011, 04:42 AM

I, too, love Connecting Threads fabric. My Bernina and I love their Essentials Cotton thread.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:45 AM

I ordered from them many times in the past with no issues whatsoever. They have awesome customer service should you ever need to call them. :)
Old 10-28-2011, 06:32 AM

Its my favorite on line shop.
I buy alot from them.
Only had one problem with a layer cake. I washed it and one of the fabrics shrank alot. Will not wash precuts again.
their thread makes to much lint for me and my machines dont like it.
But love the fabrics and they just keep getting better and better with their fabric lines. They are in touch with us quilters.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:44 AM

I love ordering from them and knowing that I will get top quality fabrics are great sale prices.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by sewbeadit
Deb, do you know how their cotton quilting and polyester quilting thread are?
I have not ordered any thread, as I bought several 5500 cones when Superior threads had their sale - Robison-Anton rayon....they were $6.00 a cone....I know several QB members have used CT thread, and I do know there was a thread (no pun intended) on this very topic. As for the clearance fabric, I am placing another order, how can you beat less than $3 a yard on fabric that is $6-$8 to begin with??? I do love the feel of the fabric, it almost has a silky feel to it.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:52 AM

I LOVE connecting threads- their clearance fabrics are their regular fabrics that are older lines, and need to be cleared out of the warehouse.

They have great regular prices too, although I've found with a coupon and a sale, fabric.com OFTEN beats CT's prices. I just got a bunch of batiks at fabric.com for a little less than CT's price.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone! I was so surprised when I saw the clearance prices. I just kept trying to see if it was that for "half yard" or something.

I will definitely bookmark that store!
Old 10-28-2011, 11:45 AM

I love CT, and have bought a lot of fabrics, including the ones on clearance! Never have I been disappointed. I must say, when I first found them I also thought, "No way could this be correct price, and or how good is this fabric?" I am so glad I went ahead and ordered...except for the fact that now I can hardly stay away...and with the free shipping if you spend over $50.00 that makes it harder...as I think, "Hmm...well, maybe I do need to get ______ to make it to the free shipping.." lol...
Take care,
Kif
Old 10-28-2011, 12:29 PM

Generally, I've been happy with my orders (I've had 2 from them). However, I will say that I find that some of their fabrics are a much looser weave than others and tend to fray a lot on the edges. No doubt it depends on who the maker is, but you can't always tell.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:38 PM

I have bought from Connecting Threads several times and have not been disappointed. I will continue to order from them. I like their thread and fabric. I have purchased a couple of kits and have been happy with them also. Their service is great.