Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Positive Remarks >

Positive Remarks

Positive Remarks

Old 11-04-2011, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the hints. Good to know. I love this board. I'm here for the long haul.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 PM

Default I LOVE the quilting board!

I don't know about the rest of you, but the first time I went on to the old board, I had no idea what I was doing.
It didn't take long before I was all over the site. By this time next week, I'll know the new site back and forth.
So just sit back and enjoy the ride, it will keep our minds young.
I LOVE the quilting board!
Thank you to everyone for making it great.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae View Post
Grambi, I have not called anyone a whiner, but the QB Help Forum will really help. If you check every once in awhile Patrice has been posting threads that explain each of the new procedures we will use. Ghostrider posted links a few posts back. I just keep doing one thing at a time until I learn it... Patrice must be exhausted...
Thanks. The weirdest thing--I just now (almost 24 hrs later) got an email notification that there were posts on this thread (topic?). Not sure why that hasn't been happening as posts were made. I'm so stinking confused. I did figure out how to get a signature to my posts. Maybe I need to try this earlier in the day when I'm not tired.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I've learned to look up some of the terms - such as BB code - via Google. It stands for Bulletin Board Code.

It was available to us "back when" and it used the brackets and backslash for formatting changes

I don't recall that it was labeled as BB Code - it was just there.

This "discovery" that I can find terms via Google has been a day brightener for me. I still don't REALLY understand what is said - but at least a have a bit of a clue as to what is going on here and there.

It's sort of like medical terminology - explicit if one knows what the terms mean - and total "foreign language" when one doesn't.

Another positive thought - for me, anyway - even some computer literate folks are finding this site still has room for more changes to make it easier to use.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one that doesn't understand the terminology! Hadn't thought to Google it, though. Is is necessary to pick my font and size each and every time I post a quick reply or is there somewhere to go to indicate my preference for all replies?
Old 11-05-2011, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by smiles View Post
Diana, like the green print, it's nice on the eyes. What font did you use. Thanks Smiles
When you go to reply and in the box where you type there should be a bar across it with font, size, color and such..I changed it to bold, and Italic and than went and chose the color..The colors have an A and just click on that
Old 11-05-2011, 01:59 AM

I am getting used to it and am really starting to like. I liked the new look from the start. I just had to spend some time finding stuff
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 AM

I won't leave the forum just because of the change. I really really really don't like it and put my two cents in a thread that was completely deleted by moderators which is a shame. I don't like censorship like that but it is not my forum so I can't decide if I want a "venting" thread or not.

I will get used to it eventually but at this point I don't enjoy it like I used to. It is prettier but so far that's about the only positive thing I can find with it :'( I'm sure I'll find more if I actually spend time with it. It just seems to be taking a lot longer to go through the boards now. I'm happy that new boards were added. They are fabulous. I still would love to see a "Other Crafting" section for pictures and discussion but I'm probably in the minority there.

It is what it is and you can not fight it. Going with the flow is the way to go... and leaving the board is really silly if you ask me. I think this is the best quilting forum online and would not even consider leaving just because of a format change. I'm surprised that there are people jumping ship.

I will say that I'm not having an issue navigating though. It still seems cut and dry to me. Maybe I'm okay with the word swap from Main to Home. I just overlooked it. It's the cosmetic things that I have been having issue with lol.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:27 AM

I was not happy with the new boards look, it was hard to get around and find things, by just sticking to it and saying "I can do this" is has gotten a lot easier. I am adjusting to change, it's hard, we tend to get very comfortable but it's time to put "the big girl panties" on and learn something new. if we didn't have change every so often think how boring everything would be
Old 11-05-2011, 09:43 AM
mim

This is great !! Thank you for the help.

Mim
Originally Posted by candi View Post
To post a new thread, go to the Home page, click on the forum you want to post in, for example, Main, look at the top, there is a blue tab that says + Start New Thread.

hope this helps.
Old 11-05-2011, 09:45 AM

How do I mark a thread as read? The envelope doesn't seem to change colors? I'm sure the snswer is simple. Love the new board.