Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
May I Have Your Opinion Please. >

May I Have Your Opinion Please.

May I Have Your Opinion Please.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by galvestonangel View Post
I have a glass stove top. You can use your regular pots and pans as long as they are flat on the bottom. You cannot use a real abrasive cleaner and they do have recommendations, but I use what I have and it has been fine. You can do anything with this stove top that you can do with the others. I wanted electric and I liked the look of the smooth top.
Thank you, I figured if it was going to need babying that it may be better off in another home.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by nab1213 View Post
I had a glass top stove for about three months, I hated it. It seems like it took for ever for it to heat up. I finally told my husband to take it back and get me one with the regular electric coil burners. So much better now.
I will definealty ask questions about that..than kyou for your input.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by decky View Post
I just bought a new side by side refrigerator and a glass top stove. Had to buy the smaller refrig to fit in the space that I had and wish it was bigger, not alot of room in either side of it. The stove I like, my husband is a great one for boiling things over and I would always have a mess to clean up a couple of days later cause he wouldn't tell me about his goofs. Now he has to clean the stove as he can't hid his mistakes.
LOL...I have no worry about dh doing that here.we have a system....I cook.. he eats! Thank you.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by earthwalker View Post
Glass tops are pretty good, much easier to clean. The only one I know of that needs special pans is the "induction cooktops". When we were buying our new stove, the guy at the appliance centre told us the "induction cooktops" do need the special pans and they also use a lot of extra electricity. We ended up with a glass top and are very happy with it.

As for fridges, I had an upside down fridge from Philips....best fridge/freezer combination I have had. Very deep drawers and very efficient. The only reason I don't have it now is that it was a small model....when I remarried I gained an extra 4 people (husband and his three boys) so we needed a bigger one.
Thank you!! I am glad you told me that!! I will stay away from the power grabbing ones! In the winter I use my wood cookstove and I just love cooking on it...
Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

I had a glass top stove and sold it with the house. It would NOT pop corn. The burners go off before the corn is done popping. I liked the fridge on the top but not the freezer on the bottom - maybe it was too small.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by dd View Post
I bought an electric stove with regular coil burners because I like my cast iron skillets. I was afraid of dropping it one day and breaking that glass top. I specifically asked the salesman and he said yes they will break and cast iron is just the thing to do it. My thing is the ovens never heat evenly.
I also love my cast iron skillets...will have to ask more questions to the saleperson.....thank you for your input!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
I had a glass top stove and sold it with the house. It would NOT pop corn. The burners go off before the corn is done popping. I liked the fridge on the top but not the freezer on the bottom - maybe it was too small.
Why do the burners go off?? I will ask that question too!!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:41 PM

I have a flat cooktop (glass) and I love it. I also do alot of canning and as long as the canner and pots and pans have a flat bottom, you're good to go. I clean it with a cleaner for glass cooktops and after rinsing it a few times, I dry it with a microfiber cloth and it shines like new every time. I, too was concerned about canning on the flat top stove, and have not had any problems canning with it.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:56 PM

I have the freezer on the bottom and love it, too! Wouldn't have one any other way.
I had a flat top stove and yes, you can can on the new ones. I decided to go with burners again when we moved here. Not sure why, have been kicking myself ever since!!!!! If I had the money, I'd buy a flat top stove.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:10 PM

Have a fridge with the freezer on the bottom and the 2 wide doors on the top and love it!!!!!!