Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board". >

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Name one thing that you don't like about the "New" Board".

Old 11-14-2011, 06:33 AM

Sorry, I meant to add "sadiemae's" message is the color I was talking about.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi View Post
What background? I don't have a quilt like pattern. Where are you seeing this and what does it look like? Got a pic?
I think she means the pattern that they put into the gray background layer that is visible before the rest of the discussion stuff loads.

Originally Posted by winter012 View Post
Three days ago there were were 545 PAGES of things we didn't like about the new QB forum!! Today there are 637!!! I have a feeling that no one has read all the entries before listing their pet peeve - including me. Who has time to read all the entries on that many PAGES??
Look again...I think maybe you're confusing the number of replies and the number of pages. This is only reply #633 so there can't possibly be 637 pages of replies. A bit confusing on first glance, but numbering the replies does make for easier reference.

Last edited by ghostrider; 11-14-2011 at 06:46 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:05 AM

I find this site very confusing and I feel I'm missing alot of information. I used to spend quite abit of time on this site, but now not so much. I looked forward to this site every day.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:20 AM

I joined Rhonda's block of the week. The first three weeks I got fine. Then the board changed. It seemed to take me forever to find the next two blocks and I'm not really sure how I finally found them, so not sure what to do to find the next ones.
Keep plugging away, it's got to get better I guess.

Last edited by mimistutz; 11-14-2011 at 07:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 AM

My biggest problem (I haven't tried anything more complicated like bookmarking or uploading pics) is that when I read a thread, sometimes when I click out of it, the title is pale, indicating I've already read it, and sometimes not. So every time I come to the board, I can't tell if I've read something before or not. It's taking a lot of the fun out of it when I click and then see it's something I've already read. And when I get to older posts, they are all pale, so I can't tell if I've looked at them before or not, either.

All in all, it's more work for me, and I'm spending less time here...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:24 AM

Default Don't Like about New Board

IT IS so SLOW. Navigating from one screen to another takes way TOO MUCH Time. I used to enjoy seeing the "new" quilt photos that members would post each day. Now it takes multiple screens to get there. I will probably stop my subcription since I usually only have a few minutes each morning while having my coffee. I liked the "old" format so much better.
Old 11-14-2011, 07:32 AM

I'm getting the hang of the new layout. Only complaints I have right now is that it's very slow, bright white background makes the screen hurt my eyes and the page is too big for my screen - I have to keep moving back and forth when I want to read replies. - the old board page was just the size of my screen. May in Jersey
Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 AM

U also cannot hit the back button to go back to the forum im looking at it want to know if i want to leave the page and it then takes me back to the main page and then have to scroll down and click back on the area i was looking at again
Old 11-14-2011, 07:53 AM

it wont let me hit the back button to go to the beggining of the blog or forum whatever you call it now and asks if i want tolave the page it will then take me back to the main page and i have to start all over again to fine what forum i want
Old 11-14-2011, 07:55 AM

I can't tell if I've opened something like before !