Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > QB Help Center
Trying to post a photo >

Trying to post a photo

Trying to post a photo

Old 12-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Default Trying to post a photo

I'm trying to post a photo of the quilt top I just completed. Do I have to post it from a blog in order to be able to edit it to the required specs? Thanks.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:52 PM

I am having trouble also. I can't get it to resize. I looked at the directions a dozen times and still don't get the same icons listed.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm not getting any icons either. Oh well, I just posted a really huge photo.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:04 PM

i am using microsoft office 2003 and there is a picture manager in the software. you can use it to resize your photo and reduce the pixels or you can download any of a number of free photo editing programs from the web to use to resize your photos. i hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:20 PM
Power Poster

You start a new topic in pictures If you place it in a blog, not many will see it
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM

That's what I did put there was no way to edit the photo and it's large.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
i am using microsoft office 2003 and there is a picture manager in the software. you can use it to resize your photo and reduce the pixels or you can download any of a number of free photo editing programs from the web to use to resize your photos. i hope this helps.
As Havplenty says, you use any number of photo editing/resizing programs on your own computer, not part of the QB. The pic has to be resized before you try to upload it to QB. Most windows platforms have Paint in the accessories. These are the instructions given in Paint:
To change the size of your picture
  1. On the Image menu, click Attributes.
  2. Under Units, click the unit of measurement you want to use for the width and height.
  3. Type the measurements in Width and Height.
In my post yesterday, I put a link to the information PatriceJ has on her blog as to the best size for posting and viewing pictures... approximately 640x480 pixels. This is the link http://www.quiltingboard.com/blogs/p...les-b7915.html
Old 12-09-2011, 11:00 AM

I am trying to upload some pictures as well. I have really liked the new site. I, however, see posting a picture on here is much more difficult. Why on earth do I have to resize a picture to get it uploaded? I didnt have to do that in the past for this website....That seems rediculous to me to have to do. Maybe I am just not understanding the instuctions????? I can not even up load pictures straight from my droid x nor my galaxy tablet, where as before I was able to do that.
Hmmmmm, I will keep trying to upload. Unless anyone else has any help to provide.
QuiltnNan, I tried what you suggested, and it isnt working for me......
Old 12-09-2011, 11:56 AM

the new board has limited the size a file can be to upload. i am sure it is because of server storage space. the larger the files, the more storage the quilt board has to pay for. the normal pixel size for todays high resolution cameras is around 5000 x 3000 pixels. you need to resize to about 640 x 480 pixels to be able to upload files. that is a big difference. but takes up a lot less server storage space. it can be done successfully with a little patience. keep trying and you will get it. good luck.

Originally Posted by Wendys Quilts View Post
I am trying to upload some pictures as well. I have really liked the new site. I, however, see posting a picture on here is much more difficult. Why on earth do I have to resize a picture to get it uploaded? I didnt have to do that in the past for this website....That seems rediculous to me to have to do. Maybe I am just not understanding the instuctions????? I can not even up load pictures straight from my droid x nor my galaxy tablet, where as before I was able to do that.
Hmmmmm, I will keep trying to upload. Unless anyone else has any help to provide.
QuiltnNan, I tried what you suggested, and it isnt working for me......

Last edited by Havplenty; 12-09-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Administrator

These two posts have tips and instructions for preparing photo files, for uploading them, and for changing their display attributes (if you want to) after posting.

i confess ... during beta testing, and for a few days after we went live, i also perceived the new upload process as very different. once i got used to it, though, i realized that the new way of uploading photos is actually no more difficult or complicated than the old way. it just seems that way because it all looks so different. thanks to some of the extra options discovered and shared by other members, i now see that it's even better than before.

in the old format, if you didn't like the way an uploaded photo looked you were stuck with it unless you wanted to fiddle with the original, delete the uploaded version, and then replace it. now, if we don't like the look after upload we can change it right here. very convenient! :-)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...g-t166655.html

http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t168819.html