Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Now I know what I've been doing wrong! >

Now I know what I've been doing wrong!

Now I know what I've been doing wrong!

Old 01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
elm

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 View Post
You are not alone, I do not own a dress either.
It delights me that so many of us just don't own dresses anymore.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 PM

I'm in trouble. I only own one dress, wore it to my ds's wedding 13 years ago. Don't do make-up. I sew in my sweat pants and a t-shirt, while wearing slippers. Dh is retired, so, he is here most of the time. On Tuesday mornings he goes out to a friends house with a bunch of other guys and they talk about cars. If I got all dressed up and he walked in, oh my goodness, I would'nt be on the board for a long time. He would call dd and ds to let them know that he was calling the guys with the little white coats to come and get me. Dh would think that I had flipped my lid.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM

I do not own a dress either. I was a nurse and wore white dress uniforms, then thankfully we dropped the caps and the stockings and the dress heels and started wearing scrubs. I like looking neat, but I dropped the dress a long time ago. Jeans and clean t's for me. Right now, it's sweat pants and sweat shirt. My DH is in an almost identical outfit. He would be surprised to see me in anything else. Since I am retired now, I dress to suit myself. it is extremely liberating!
I sew in my jammies and in jeans or sweats. I never wear lipstick, and my nails have not seen a manicure since they cut my cuticles too short and my fingers hurt for weeks. 1985 or so. LOL
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM

My, My! How times have changed. I rarely wear a dress (I own only 3); I love my jeans in summer and my sweats in winter.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by kayluvs2quilt View Post
I should sell my fabric and machines now...it's hopeless!

I greet anyone who comes to my door with whatever I have on and however I look......
I remember a woman who was cleaning house, put her clothes in the washer, put her kids football helmet on her head, picked up some newspapers and answered the door nude wearing the football helmet holding newspapers!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 PM

I think dresses are overrated.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:19 PM

I think dresses are overrated for those of us who have a thicken waist. I used to wear dresses to church all the time, then it was pant suits, now it's slacks and jackets or skirts and jackets - but definitely no high heels.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:41 PM

Hahaaahaaa...I just splattered tea across my screen reading this. I do own a couple of dresses that only got worn at my neices' weddings. I'm always in jeans and tee shirt or sweatpants. No make-up, did that for a couple of years in my 40s when I thought it would make me look younger. After reading whats in that junk, I said no thank you. Thank God my husband loves me just the way I am. He thinks I'm cute, which is good enough for me. I really don't care what my neighbors think or that unexpected guest that may stop by. And my NAILS....heeheee...geez.

That woman must be rolling in her grave.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:31 PM

I'm like msponcho! I do dress each morning pants and top, do my hair and make up in about 10 minutes.My 90 yr old Mother still wears a dress every day and hose. She thinks I'm a slob! Spent 21 years as a military wife so lots is left over from that - not from my little old mother!
Old 01-18-2012, 09:35 AM

I confess to owning about 5 dresses. Only ever wear 2 of them and both need dry cleaning. They're for funerals and Easter Sunday, I do try to wear a dress then to church. I was raised with wearing a dress every Sunday and for funerals but have since gone to only fumerals and Easter SUnday. I need to buy panty hose and try to get away with wearing good sandals vs heels cuz my feet don't like heels much and neither do I although I confess to owning a pair of low heels. Sew only in comfy clothes and always barefoot. Can't get the hang of the pedal with shoes on!! Love this topic and what you were supposed to do before sitting down to sew. My grandmother may have actually done that although I don't know.