Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machine >

Embroidery machine

Embroidery machine

Old 03-05-2012, 09:29 AM

Default Embroidery machine

How many of you have the Janome 9500 embroidery machine. A shop in my area has one on sale 50% off.(1250.00)
Do you like this machine & would you recommend it.
Thanks Nena
Old 03-05-2012, 10:22 AM

I have the 9000, the model right before this one. I absolutely love it. But, my machine is like 13 years old. Is the machine you're looking at old stock, but brand new? It doesn't have USB capability and the sewing field is smallish. If you're interested in buying it, I'd offer less. These older machines are tied to memory cards and not as easy to use as those that are USB capable. I have a fortune invested in memory cards. LOL.

Last edited by Candace; 03-05-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:30 AM

What you might want to do is check what size hoops it takes? Alot of them only take the 4x4 or 5x7 and you will be limited; if it only comes with these sizes see if there are larger sizes available that your machine can use. Ask for a demo of the machine and also if they have classes to help you learn. My Viking store has once a month machine embroidery classes that are free for the ones who bought from them and we learn a new techinque each month. Make sure there is a tech there that can answer your questions in a short time if you have them and you'll probably have them. Do a google search on the machine and do a search on here to see what you find out about the machine. I know you posted earlier on another posted you've been interested for a while so try to make your first experience the best it can be. I don't know what part of WV you are in but check and see if there are other dealers close and see if you can check out a few different machines. Normally Janome machines are really good machines. If I hadn't gotten a Viking I probably would have went with a Janome but one that could handle a decent size hoop so I wouldn't bored so fast. Good luck.

Also make sure it has USB to connect to your pc. It's really hard for the older ones w/cards and our newer pcs.

Last edited by romanojg; 03-05-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:03 AM

They tend to be trouble-free and easy to use and that is a GREAT price. I have seen these substantially reduced lately and I wonder if a replacement model might be coming because these have been out for several years and due for an upgrade. The ATA PC cards are kind of hard to find and the new models will probably have USB sticks, BUT they will cost much, much more. Embroidery size is the same as the 350e and most people do fine with that one but embroidery field isn't much over 5x7. The 6 x 10 emb areas are quite a lot more $$.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:18 PM

Janome has new model Horizon 12000 out for around $12K but many have traded in their 11K machines which you shnould be able to get at a good price. I have had the 10K, 10.1K, 11K and now the 12K. They are good. For the 10K the 4x4 and 5x7 are standard hoops, the 11K had the 4x4, and 8x8 standard with 5 x7 available. Look around, lots to pick from. Sturdy machine.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:02 PM

Thanks to everyone. I have been interested for awhile but can not put more than 1500.00 in one, and this had been 2500.00 for 1250.00 so I wanted to check it out. I never thought to ask about the usb. I will ck it out.
Again thanks for you help.