Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

Old 03-10-2012, 03:38 PM
Power Poster

Growing up I lived a mile (as the crow flies) from a small town. Whenever the train went through it would sound it's whistle. Often went to sleep just as the haunting sound blew across the prairie. A safe pleasant memory, thanks for jogging it, QE.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:59 AM

QuiltE....I haven't heard that song forever! I always liked it. As for the FART, I usually like to be alone as well. It takes me sometime to put together and my LQS let's me wander around with pattern and fabrics. I don't like to be rushed.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE....I haven't heard that song forever! I always liked it. As for the FART, I usually like to be alone as well. It takes me sometime to put together and my LQS let's me wander around with pattern and fabrics. I don't like to be rushed.

.... neither had I
GGal, so I'm not really sure why it came to mind. I guess your block just "did" it!!
Old 03-11-2012, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 View Post
QuiltE....I usually like to be alone as well. It takes me sometime to put together and my LQS let's me wander around with pattern and fabrics. I don't like to be rushed.
Same here, but I have a QB (Quilt Buddy) that goes with once in a while. We enter a store and part ways, criss crossing and commenting back and forth on our foray through the shop. She has convinced me I need more greens and I have switched her to more blues. It's time for us to go again!
Old 03-12-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
How fun, Jan. This old Fart needs a road trip like that once in a while.
ArteEm--sharp colors reinforced by the stars in the bground. I have found that I usually will only rip twice, if I haven't gotten it right by then I never will and yes this was a time consuming block. I had more trouble sewing that last "Y" seam. When I tore some of the seam allowance paper off it tore into the big triangle block and I lost my seam allowance and made sewing that a bugger. I've learned not to stress over it either--just not worth it, it's only a quilt.
GGal Nice bright blues in the lanes, a refreshing change. What's the paisley fabric in the bground of your star? Yeah it's probably my favorite type of fabric. Your star points complement it so well.
I'm afraid I am with you on this one OK. I will only rip out three times, then it just stays the way it is. Quilting is suppose to be fun, and when all put together, those little mistakes do not show at all! At least that is my story, and I'm sticking to it!
Old 03-13-2012, 11:27 AM

Om, I think I can load couple of photos: [ATTACH=CONFIG]319560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]319561[/ATTACH] Wow. Always marvel how it works or does not work. Honchey, Cowboy's Star has something familiar about it. Loved to see how many stars I could get into the block. Cowboy Corpus sang: "Don't let the stars get into your eyes, or the moon break your heart" and all the other shows we listened too back then. Think the maps show us headed North, or the pony tracks are headed that. Hello, North Pole?, over it and then we are headed South again for an early Spring. Our tulips and daffodils are up!!!
Attached Thumbnails countylanes.jpg   cowboysstar.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:49 PM
Power Poster

WOW! QNSue ... you sure put a lot of planning and thought you've put into these blocks (and others too!)

And here I thought that you were heading North to Canada to visit JanieW and moi! That'd be some journey and GTG. Incredible FC for the cowboys.

No bulbs showing life yet ......... though I saw two big fat robins on my front lawn today. (wonder? if they ever left this year?)
Old 03-13-2012, 01:42 PM

Great blocks, QNS--love the bright colors. I really like all the stars in Cowboy Star. If yinz are heading north, stop by Western PA, too--the dafodils have buds already. It's 72* here today!! Yippee-ki-ay!! (how in the world do you spell that???)
Old 03-13-2012, 03:28 PM

Default Country Lanes and cowboy's Star

QuiltingNinaSue, your blocks are fabulous!!!!!! Great fabric and very creative!! Love the colors as well.

Ok, I'm going to post my Cowboy Star, now no snickering. I need a lot more practice with these inset seams. When I was putting it together one half came out almost perfect, then no matter what I did I couldn't get the other half to come out any good. I don't get it. I'm going to try doing it again for the practice, that is when I have the energy for it.
Attached Thumbnails img_1589.jpg  
Old 03-13-2012, 03:39 PM

Love the color the the Stars!!! Good choices.