Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page >

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

THE FWS PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Wk 10 Country Lanes & Cowboy's Star Photo Page

Old 03-13-2012, 05:25 PM

Termi, believe me, no snickering here. I love the fabric you used. Confession time: DH takes the pics of my blocks and I'm always asking him why my blocks look crooked in the pics when they're not crooked in real life. Well...my Cowboy Star is that crooked in real life. I just pretend that it's his fault and the pic is off. I cannot grasp these inset seams. I sit at my machine with a "quilting bible", the directions from a magazine, and suggestions I printed from here and I still can't figure out what to do with all the seams at the intersections. Sew up to them, then what? Oh well, I guess we keep trying!
Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM

JanRN, thank you!!!!! Boy, you said it. Even when I think I know what I'm doing it still doesn't come out right. Well, on to the next challenges.
Old 03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Termi ... great block. Your colours and fabrics are both perfect for the occasion!

JanRN .... Yup ... sew up to them, then re-pin for the next seam (other part of the Y), then start at where you leftover and continue on with what you just pinned. Yours have been looking just fine!

And now we know that any imprefections are due to the photographer!
Old 03-13-2012, 06:16 PM

Hey Ya'll, I'm back! I can't believe how wonderful all of ya'lls blocks are! Wow!
I did git the package from QNS. Wonderful fabrics w/ lots of stars. I'll take a pict later. I'm so excited to use 'em in my blocks!
I must say that at my retreat I didn't get near as much done as I thought I would. I spent all of Friday trying to FMQ on my DGSon's Solar system quilt. I did a lot of frog stitching. When i finally got it ginnin', I quilted it in 45 min. I do have about 10 or 12 small places that I have ta rip out. I'll git that done pretty quickly. I did git one PC block done.
Boy I did have a great time! I started a strip quilt & we all pitched in & made a 10 min block quilt for Project Linus. They will auction it off for funds. We used 2 Layer Cakes to make it. I stayed up all hours & played! I'm exhausted! When I got there I realized that I had left my charged battery for my camera at home. I'll post picts of the things that I brought home & my plates later.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

QNS where do you find all those appropriate fabrics? Just great fabric placement--again.
Termi--I'm confused as I try to see what's wrong with your C Star. Love the contrast.

I blame my blips on not getting the block in the scanner straight---we all have to name a scapegoat!
Off on a road trip tomorrow, so will be AWOL. Well DH didn't say I should stay home
Old 03-13-2012, 06:25 PM
Power Poster

Hey There, DublB .... Good to see you back with us. I'd started to wonder if you and CarrieM had skipped town on us and decided to just continue to enjoy the retreat-life! Of course, we always plan to do more than what is realistic. So it's good to know that you are "normal"!!!!! Maybe you didn't take your camera, so there'd be no evidence?
Old 03-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
QNS where do you find all those appropriate fabrics? Just great fabric placement--again.
Termi--I'm confused as I try to see what's wrong with your C Star. Love the contrast.

I blame my blips on not getting the block in the scanner straight---we all have to name a scapegoat!
Off on a road trip tomorrow, so will be AWOL. Well DH didn't say I should stay home
Me too! ... though mine is work!
I'll be back to check on y'all tomorrow/Wednesday night!

In the meantime,
OKSGlad ... here's one for you ...................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgw_y...eature=related
Old 03-13-2012, 06:56 PM

Very nice blocks everyone as usual.

I too am back from my retreat and recovering. I had a productive Thursday night...made a bag that is safe for my travel iron when it is still warm. Then on Friday Crystal and I were able to get 2 PC blocks done...A Dandy and Alabama...will try to post pictures tomorrow in the appropriate threads.

Saturday I made a bag for the D9P with pink, teal, greens and browns that I posted before...well it is almost done anyways just needs handles. I also have everything cut for the Apple Tree block (or whatever it is called). Saturday afternoon I took a break from sewing and made 12 cards the other ladies had designed. I didn't get as much done as I wanted to either, but I did have a very good time.

Unfortunately my weekend ended with a trip to the ER...I got a migraine and started getting sick around mid-night and by 3am my friends decided I wasn't getting any better and took me...thankfully it was only about 15 min from the camp. They gave me anti-nausea meds and iv fluids and also a shot of migraine meds...I got home a little after 5 and slept most of Sunday. The last 2 days I haven't done much but sit around and nap. I suffer with migraines but have NEVER had one so bad in my life!

Maybe by the weekend I will feel up to sewing again....

Carrie
Old 03-13-2012, 07:00 PM

Oh no, Carrie!! Migraines are bad!! Git better soon!!!{Huggs}
Old 03-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Oh dear, CarrieM ... looks like it was a great weekend until the migraine!
Take it easy this week, until your body is back and ready to go again.