Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Closed- May's ManCave Madness -- 6-1/2" fabric swap with a Twist of Solids *OPEN* >

Closed- May's ManCave Madness -- 6-1/2" fabric swap with a Twist of Solids *OPEN*

Closed- May's ManCave Madness -- 6-1/2" fabric swap with a Twist of Solids *OPEN*

Old 05-08-2012, 05:36 PM

Yosamitesa,
So glad your finger is better, and hope your job interview goes amazing!..lol about your dh and the woodshed...
Katvert, hope you mend quickly...I have to add one of my vices is my cyber shopping, on Connectingthreads.com, Ebay, etc...so, I think that is a grand idea...and awesome of our hostess to offer to help you out with the cutting and pressing...gets more fabric circulating amongst us all, which we know is a super thing!!
Regards all,
Kif
Old 05-09-2012, 09:12 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by katvert View Post
hmmm... that is an idea.. would you really do that?, I may have to browse the online stores today.
Of course she would !!! We do it all the time for our swappers don't we Mitesa???
Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt View Post
Of course she would !!! We do it all the time for our swappers don't we Mitesa???
Absolutely... When situations permit.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
OMGosh that's true! I have the SWAP bug!!!
Should I send over Dr. Feelgood (otherwise known as the Fabric Fairy)???
Old 05-09-2012, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
The fabric I ordered got here today, and it's cut and almost ready to go. Yippee!

(Good thing I bought it when I did, 'cuz our lawnmower broke, and now the budget's broke too! Ugh! No more fabric shopping until I get the piggy bank's ribs to stop showing. It's always something, isn't it? )
Most of mine came today, too, & what I still need, I'm gonna pick up tomorrow on my way to Mayo. Ick! I have to have an MRI & I don't wanna! So I'm "treating" myself for being a big (ahem), btave girl & not only am I having lunch out, I'm getting fabric! Hold a good thought for me, 'kay? I'm a'scared!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
LOL - If you only knew - we have had many discussions about the woodshed but not for us

She wouldn't forget me - no way Wouldn't want you to be the Lone trouble maker here
You got that right, sista! The Toxic Twins FOR-EV-AH!!!!! Or is that the TALKATIVE Twins????
Old 05-09-2012, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
I have my twists all ready to go...for the blocks decided to use my Accuquilt Go that I got for Christmas, as haven't opened it yet (I know, crazy that I haven't....I think I am a lil intimidated...lol). Anyways, went to open it and get it all out. My dh and our ds gave me the Go with the mix and match starter set; with the extra dies and mats purchased there was supposed to be a mat for each die...there turned out to be 2 of the 5x10 mats and no 10x10, which is what I need to cut the 6 1/2" squares!! I did not know there was a "goof" until now because I hadn't taken it all out to use it...what a "doofus" I feel like! So, instead of arguing with the company over it, I ordered the 10x10 mat, it was supposed to be here by today...it did not come in yet.... I started just cutting out the squares the way I always do, with my shape cut ruler, and it does a good job...I am just disappointed that I could not give my Accuquilt a go....oooh theres a little pun...sorry for the lame humor, just trying to put a positive spin on things....
Anyways, I will for sure have all of my squares and twists in before the deadline...and thanks all for listening to my "whining"...
Kif
Oh, Kif... that's not whinin. It's "venting". It's "sharing". We got your back here, girlfriend. Tho, if it were whining, I'm in WI & could offerf you some cheese with that whine (I know... CORNY!)...
Old 05-09-2012, 03:55 PM

Yosamitesa, You are so right!..I knew someone would be along to counteract my "grumpiness"... Good news, tho...the mat came in!! I am fixing to give the Go a "go", there's some more of my lame humor...lol. I have the twists all ready to send, but as I also have a 2 1/2" strip die, I am going to try it, too.
Have a great week-end!
K
Oh, Kif... you just made my day (& that's something considering I got fabric & a new tunic -- to cover my fat quarters, thank you very much -- in the mail today)!!! I miss hearing people who are "fixing to". Can you tell I'm an unwilling transplant to the Frozen Tundra? THANK YOU! I'm fixing to hug on you!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa View Post
Well...I'm on Injury Reserve for a few days. Stupid me...I got a box in today for my new "direct sales" that I'm going to attempt and was so excited I could only find my Gingher scissors. Well, I opened them up and went to cut open the box and sliced my finger open. Good news, those scissors are SHARP...bad news...middle finger is bandaged up... Hugs and love!!! Start getting those packages in.
Oh, I got this. It's a scientific fact that fabric or patterns or notions or chocolate or George Clooney make owwies heal waaaaaaaaaay faster. I'm pretty sure I read that in JAMA or The Lancet (or the funny papers), so I suggest you get on that cure ASAP!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM

Yikes! I hope you heal quickly!! I totally understand that excited feeling when a package comes in and you can't wait to open it!!...also agree, Ginghers are sharp. Few years back mine got used to cut something thick and metal, thinking wire (yes wire...dh and ds both claimed they didn't recall using them...unh-hunh..lol) Anyways, got them re-sharpened and the nick smoothed out, and now everyone knows to ask me before touching any scissors that are around my quilting areas..
Regards,
Kif
Mine don't even get the chance to screw up. I hide mine! Tho I also use them to cut my bangs, but shhhhh...