Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Virtual Quilt club  - 7/14 >

Virtual Quilt club - 7/14

Virtual Quilt club - 7/14

Old 07-14-2012, 02:19 AM

Default Virtual Quilt club - 7/14

I have been on vacation all week. Doing all kinds of stuff. Seway up a mountain, ziplining (now off my bucket list), Beach, visited Bird in Hand and also Lanchester PA. Beautiful country, couple days at the lake. Repainted my kitchen cabinets.

This morning looks like we finally are going to get some rain...Yah...perfect...I need some quilt time. Who would like to quilt virtually today? I will be finishing putting on binding on a quilted wall hanging. Then I will start a new project. Thinking the Dr Suess Quilt...but that does not have to be completed till Jan so I may change my mind once I am ready to get my new project started.

Here is the wall quilt I need to finish that I started last week
[ATTACH=CONFIG]348942[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails abc.gif  
Old 07-14-2012, 02:28 AM

My husband says...its a retreat not a club...so here to sewing today at the virtual retreat...Happy Quilting..
Old 07-14-2012, 03:50 AM

I finished my one grandaughter's quilt yesterday..took forever as I hand quilt...Today I am going to begin the next grandchild's. Took her to pick her fabrics the other day. I have 13, going on 14 grandchildren so far, and have completed quilts for 7 of them so far..Today I want to try to cut and piece the top. It should go quickly since the blocks will be large due to the pattern on the fabric she chose...It has VERY large flowers, so I have to make big blocks so I don't lose her design. The real challenge will be how to quilt it, since I only can hand quilt it..Will be checking in thru the day!! Hope we are all productive!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:32 AM

I'm hand quilting the Matsuri cotton lawn lap quilt kit I purchased from Connecting Threads early this spring. It is just the right amount of warmth in front of the AC unit that continues to crank away. Could be in the middle 90's here in central NY yet again. I'm using a super thin Pellon cotton bat with it and am able to achieve tiny, tiny stitches for the first time ever. It's going to be the most perfect summer quilt and am so pleased the way it's coming out.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 AM

South P--pics please!! I was looking at the lawn fabrics, and many were concerned about whether they would hold up well..You are the first I heard that has used them..How is it? I really love the colors and prints available...Want to order some!!
Old 07-14-2012, 04:41 AM

Good Morning! It is 7:35 am here in Grandfalls Texas. After I have a couple cups of coffee, read some of the board and a few other odds and ends; I will be thrilled to join you all in a Retreat day.

I was recently given 3 overflowing 18 gallon totes filled with fabrics from a former quilter who now does not do any. She was holding onto it for her granddaughters who have told her they do not want it. Thrilled is not a significant word, but all I can think of to describe my feelings. Anyhow, I am working on refolding, ironing and putting it away nicely. After, I finish the first tote, though I would really like to cut out a quilt pattern to make for her. Hearts and Gizzards, if I can find it in my books/magazines.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 AM

I hope to finish free-motion quilting the border of a quilt I'm making for my husband. I'm about halfway through, and it moves fast, so I think I can do it.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 AM

Well I finished...My brother stopped by this morning. Loved that he stopped by but glad he left so that I could finish my binding. I tried something different...thought Oh NO but I ended up liking it. I cut my strips to 2 inches instead of 2 1/2. Sew back to front. I am now glad that I did. Since this is a wall quilt I wanted it to have a narrow binding.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348959[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails abc_edited-1.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 07:01 AM

I love your circle quilt.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:02 AM

Aurgh....My husband says..I thought you promised to make peach/blueberry pie...well...I will wip that up while I am thinking of my next project. How are you folks doing??? getting interupted from family members..Oh and it never ended up raining...just clouds and wind and now blue skies...we need the rain.